D&D and the rising pandemic

Hussar

Legend
Just a point about masking in Japan. It's actually a fair bit longer than just the avian flu. That didn't actually hit here all that hard. But, ever since the Spanish Flu back a hundred years ago, they kept up the tradition of wearing masks. And, back home, you get the flu, you stay home a day or two and go back to work, no biggie. Here, you get the flu, you stay home from school, mandatory, two weeks. If enough students catch the flu, they shut the school down. They treat the flu really seriously here. Far more than we ever did.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm well aware of that. But there's still things that can be done other than sticking your municipal head in the sand, shrugging, & hoping it just passes by.

And actually admit how many things in the budget aren't that necessary? Are you mad?

Or, perhaps in most places more accurately, there really isn't a whole lot of buffer in the budget. The world is expensive, and moving money means that someone's losing out big time. And, come election day, that's what they'll remember.

If you aren't actually a good enough leader to get your people agreeing on what needs to be done, doing a thing can be career suicide.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
And actually admit how many things in the budget aren't that necessary? Are you mad?

Or, perhaps in most places more accurately, there really isn't a whole lot of buffer in the budget. The world is expensive, and moving money means that someone's losing out big time. And, come election day, that's what they'll remember.

If you aren't actually a good enough leader to get your people agreeing on what needs to be done, doing a thing can be career suicide.
Yeah. You could end up like that Lt. Governor from Ohio that got booed for telling fellow Republicans to maybe where a mask if asked. He even had some Trump masks to offer up.

I am not sure that really helped his career, even if it was the correct thing to try. In my opinion.

Who knows though in today's short attention spam world he might be just fine.

Meanwhile, my state just trashed the old record for most new cases in a day.

And I am expected to go to a gender reveal party this weekend? In a place I know most people completely ignore the pandemic. Already tried to convince my vulnerable parents this was a bad idea. Sigh...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Some still understand that a politician‘s first duty is to serve his constituents well, not getting re-elected. And sometimes, that means saying or doing unpopular things.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I really hate what certain political views have done to my state. These two counties are among the wealthiest in the state, their education levels should be good... then you look at how they vote and it becomes disturbingly clear.
I have a state where if you look at how they vote on issues you see a solid amount of caring for people as as whole and when you see the pattern in the vote its for people who care the least, it is a question of tradition.

And I am expected to go to a gender reveal party this weekend? In a place I know most people completely ignore the pandemic. Already tried to convince my vulnerable parents this was a bad idea. Sigh...

After a gender reveal party started a huge fire in California again this year, maybe gender reveal parties should simply be banned. They are dumb anyway.

That is simply criminal. Those parents should go to jail.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases