Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
stair steps to death
1603158805936.png

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
To be fair, in general we are doing such a craptastic job of it that the claim that we are vigilant at all, much less constantly, is verging on laughable.
Oh, abso-freakin-lutely!

Another data point to consider for those dealing with C19 deniers: our oven died after 22 years this weekend. So we’ve been shopping for a new one the last few days, and we have found there is a shortage. Of ALL brands, foreign and domestic. C19-related manufacturing slowdowns are causing parts shortages and assembly line slowdowns.

The odds that every appliance retailer, manufacturer, and/or their parts maker in the US market is conspiring to affect the election are so improbable that it isn’t even worth considering,

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
On the other hand, some people just aren't even trying at all...

I was hoping that the positivity rate on campus would stay vaguely low through Thanksgiving. (Granted a lot of these folks have probably already been skipping testing if they have mild symptoms).
I’ve been watching- and occasionally sharing- articles about campus life & C19. I didn’t have high hopes...and I did’t go to a “party school”.

Then I saw the bodycam footage of the student who was “quarantining “ after a positive test getting busted by the cops for hosting a house party in excess of the state’s group gathering size cap.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I live near a university and nope they might as well be labeled COVID19 hot spot they pull these young people in from all over and pack them in buildings together then they wander down town in clusters without masks.

Zardnaar

Legend
Oh, abso-freakin-lutely!

Another data point to consider for those dealing with C19 deniers: our oven died after 22 years this weekend. So we’ve been shopping for a new one the last few days, and we have found there is a shortage. Of ALL brands, foreign and domestic. C19-related manufacturing slowdowns are causing parts shortages and assembly line slowdowns.

The odds that every appliance retailer, manufacturer, and/or their parts maker in the US market is conspiring to affect the election are so improbable that it isn’t even worth considering,

Fake news and/or your oven is a deep fake.

To prove otherwise send a sample of your delicious.........

This stuff predates the internet, as a kid there was a book named Chariot of the Gods. Basically Aliens built everything.

It's people who are smart enough to think but not smart enough to say I don't know or academics who don't know either and don't want to admit it so they make something up and later on they get challenged and it's a conspiracy about aliens/who built what etc.

Kinda the origins of this kinda stuff fueled by social media these days.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
This stuff predates the internet, as a kid there was a book named Chariot of the Gods. Basically Aliens built everything.

It's people who are smart enough to think but not smart enough to say I don't know or academics who don't know either and don't want to admit it so they make something up and later on they get challenged and it's a conspiracy about aliens/who built what etc.

There is an racist element to it as well. Because... note that all the structures claimed to be made by aliens... are not European*. If you aren't white, you obviously couldn't have built it yourself. You needed alien help.

*Stonehenge being the one exception - folks still say aliens built that.

Zardnaar

Legend
There is an racist element to it as well. Because... note that all the structures claimed to be made by aliens... are not European*. If you aren't white, you obviously couldn't have built it yourself. You needed alien help.

*Stonehenge being the one exception - folks still say aliens built that.

That as well, Amazon has a show called Archeo. They had Great Zimbabwe featured.

Turns out it was plugged into trading networks and they've found Chinese/Indian/Egyptian goods there so they were likely trading gold for luxuries via Kilwa and Zanzibar.

Lake Titicaca, Teotihuacan, Nazca lines and a few other places as well.

Also all on Archeo. Good show.

Gotta be aliens!!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
We even have instructions on pyramids and adjacent buildings describing how they made pyramids including wetting of the sand the blocks were slid on, sorry no aliens required just smart ancestors being given the credit they are due.

Zardnaar

Legend
We even have instructions on pyramids and adjacent buildings describing how they made pyramids including wetting of the sand the blocks were slid on, sorry no aliens required just smart ancestors being given the credit they are due.

A lot if early archeologists were more plunderers.
. And they usually zeroed in on what would have been the CBD in ancient times. It's where all the monuments are I suppose and big civic buildings.

They're also not engineers and have no idea what stone weighs.

Some of those "200 ton" blocks are a lot lighter and could be moved with ancient cranes or muscle power.

Great grandad's book on Spanish Flu useful today;). People just stop using skills due to invention.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Not only that, but if aliens came and gave us instructions on how to build pyramids, why did they give us the wrong information which led to the bent pyramid. Seems like a space faring civilisation wouldn't make such a basic mistake.

Remove ads