D&D and the rising pandemic

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Back home now. The site worked like a well-oiled machine. In the time it took me to type my post about being in line (with just my left thumb) while getting a temp check and pushing Mom’s chair, we were 90% of the way through the initial line. That got us to filling out the paperwork.

Second station was checking the details on the paperwork, which took just minutes.

Third stop was another room, where we rolled right up to a pair of technicians, one who administered the shot (Phizer vaccine), one who did all the inventorying and making sure Mom had an appointment for her 2nd shot,

After 15 minutes of waiting in a seating area to guard against possible early-onset negative reactions to the shot, we were on the way back to the car. All told, 30-40 minutes.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Back home now. The site worked like a well-oiled machine. In the time it took me to type my post about being in line (with just my left thumb) while getting a temp check and pushing Mom’s chair, we were 90% of the way through the initial line. That got us to filling out the paperwork.

Second station was checking the details on the paperwork, which took just minutes.

Third stop was another room, where we rolled right up to a pair of technicians, one who administered the shot (Phizer vaccine), one who did all the inventorying and making sure Mom had an appointment for her 2nd shot,

After 15 minutes of waiting in a seating area to guard against possible early-onset negative reactions to the shot, we were on the way back to the car. All told, 30-40 minutes.
That is great to hear!!!

ccs

41st lv DM
Well, Covid has claimed another victim. :(
While on a business trip in Michigan 3 weeks ago my uncle started to feel really poorly. For his 71st birthday he checked himself into a local hospital, was diagnosed with both Covid & pneumonia.
Last week he had to be sedated & put on a ventilator.
We got the call yesterday morning (2/8/21) that he'd died.

Now we get to deal with retrieving him, a funeral, & all.

My, quite serious, suggestion was to have him cremated there in Michigan, retrieve his very easy to transport & sterilized ashes, and hold a proper service when conditions improve.
His sons didn't really like that idea.
One of them is insistent upon having calling hours. Maybe we can talk him out of that. At the very least he's going to feel even worse when virtually no one shows up.

The real tragedy here (other than having his last meal consist of hospital meatloaf)?
My uncle didn't need to be on this trip. Everything he was doing he could've handled remotely. And both the company that he worked for & the client were completely fine with that. As well as even being willing to delay things a few weeks so that he could've gotten round one of a vaccination (my state is rolling it out by age brackets & at 70/71 he'd have been in the 2nd or 3rd weeks worth of people).
On top of that? He's old, he's had heart surgery in the last 18 months, he's prone to getting pneumonia, he's out there trekking through states where infection rates are running rampant, & he's coming in contact with God knows how many potential sources of infection.
My brother & I are like "Why? Why would you do that? Why take that pointless amount of risk?"
But he insisted on doing this stuff in person as much as possible....
And to quote my Aunt "He never thought he'd get it."
He left home 4 weeks ago Covid free (he was tested the day before he left). Now we're having a funeral.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Well, Covid has claimed another victim. :(
While on a business trip in Michigan 3 weeks ago my uncle started to feel really poorly. For his 71st birthday he checked himself into a local hospital, was diagnosed with both Covid & pneumonia.
Last week he had to be sedated & put on a ventilator.
We got the call yesterday morning (2/8/21) that he'd died.

Now we get to deal with retrieving him, a funeral, & all.

My, quite serious, suggestion was to have him cremated there in Michigan, retrieve his very easy to transport & sterilized ashes, and hold a proper service when conditions improve.
His sons didn't really like that idea.
One of them is insistent upon having calling hours. Maybe we can talk him out of that. At the very least he's going to feel even worse when virtually no one shows up.

The real tragedy here (other than having his last meal consist of hospital meatloaf)?
My uncle didn't need to be on this trip. Everything he was doing he could've handled remotely. And both the company that he worked for & the client were completely fine with that. As well as even being willing to delay things a few weeks so that he could've gotten round one of a vaccination (my state is rolling it out by age brackets & at 70/71 he'd have been in the 2nd or 3rd weeks worth of people).
On top of that? He's old, he's had heart surgery in the last 18 months, he's prone to getting pneumonia, he's out there trekking through states where infection rates are running rampant, & he's coming in contact with God knows how many potential sources of infection.
My brother & I are like "Why? Why would you do that? Why take that pointless amount of risk?"
But he insisted on doing this stuff in person as much as possible....
And to quote my Aunt "He never thought he'd get it."
He left home 4 weeks ago Covid free (he was tested the day before he left). Now we're having a funeral.
My condolences.

you guys hear the grim news?
Remember kids, only YOU can stop click bait!
Smokey_Bear_Only_You_campaign_hat.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases