D&D and the rising pandemic

Zardnaar

Legend
Our freedom of speech gets misquoted a lot ... and interpreted to mean what it categorically doesn't too

We have the same right here but it's mostly a set of guidelines with a BUT clause.

Essentially they can suspend them "in a fair and democratic" way translation whatever parliament passes.

Historically we've had 3 or 4 powerful PMs. One DoWed Germany and parliament oked it after the fact iirc.

So yeah a lot more powerful domestically if they choose to use said powers. A lot of it is more social mores and customs vs legal.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And, how everyone in the Army already gets a half-dozen mandatory vaccinations in basic training, plus others later as you deploy into various areas of the world...
..and yet, at least one LTC (in the Signal Corp, apparently) tendered his resignation because he didn’t want the Covid vaccination mandated by the Pentagon, surrendering his pension and a whole bunch of benefits.

I haven’t heard of the resolution of his case yet, and what level of discharge he’ll be granted.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Clearly our founding fathers didn’t believe in freedums.
They did, but forcing troops to be inoculated and shutting down Boston due to smallpox until inoculations arrived showed that they placed the health of all above the freedom to kill your neighbors with a disease.

Thomas Shey

Legend
..and yet, at least one LTC (in the Signal Corp, apparently) tendered his resignation because he didn’t want the Covid vaccination mandated by the Pentagon, surrendering his pension and a whole bunch of benefits.

I haven’t heard of the resolution of his case yet, and what level of discharge he’ll be granted.

From what I know of how the military considers officers with that attitude, I suspect it was "Don't let the door hit you on the--"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases