D&D and Vocabulary

Mystic_23

First Post
I must be the only one who learned the word 'bludgeon' though D&D. I love that word. I'm always threatening to bludgeon people with a ball peen hammer.

This thread reminded me of a guy I knew. He definately didn't have a very large vocabulary (or lexicon...learned that word through White Wolf games).

I don't recall what I had said, but after he asked what the word meant and I told him, he said "Well, why didn't you just say that, then?"

Man, he just didn't get it. I say, and I'm sure I'm not alone here on EN World, that if you have a large vocabulary, why shouldn't you use it.

Breakdaddy

First Post
Well, since no one else has mentioned it (I think!):

VERISIMILITUDE

Does ANYONE besides a DnDer use this little gem in common parlance???!?!

hong

WotC's bitch
Mystic_23 said:
IMan, he just didn't get it. I say, and I'm sure I'm not alone here on EN World, that if you have a large vocabulary, why shouldn't you use it.

"My mom always said a large vocabulary was like a large penis. There's times folks will be impressed by it, and there's times they won't." -- Forrest Gump

Hong "or possibly not" Ooi

Last edited:

tarchon

First Post
Mystic_23 said:
Man, he just didn't get it. I say, and I'm sure I'm not alone here on EN World, that if you have a large vocabulary, why shouldn't you use it.

If you don't use it right, all it does is make people sore.

Tyrion Alb

First Post
Breakdaddy said:
Well, since no one else has mentioned it (I think!):

VERISIMILITUDE

Does ANYONE besides a DnDer use this little gem in common parlance???!?!
Damn, I came to the end of this thread in a rush to post that word. And no. I have never heard it outside of internet gaming discussion boards.

tarchon

First Post
Tyrion Alb said:
Damn, I came to the end of this thread in a rush to post that word. And no. I have never heard it outside of internet gaming discussion boards.

It's certainly more common than vraisemblance.

("mnemonic", BTW - "pneumonic" is a different word)

Remove ads