• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Arms and Equipment Guide sample pages up

JPL

Adventurer
Fourecks said:

Not even remotely...

Oh.

Let me think...

An earth gensai fighter in grey stone armor advancing upon his foes, slow but unstoppable, swinging a massive stone maul, his craggy face showing no emotion but his ruby eyes burning with conviction.

How cool is that?

Last edited:

JPL

Adventurer
Wait! Got another one!

A granite-armored cleric of Grumbar. Lawful Good, weathered and impassive, focused on the philosophical aspects of his god --- change and inconsistancy are to be avoided and a man's word should be as unshakable as the mountains. He's no fun at all as an adventuring companion, but he's as steady as a rock.

How cool is that?

Quinn

First Post
Stone armor is no more silly to me than bone or coral armor. I like the description and how it mentions it's typical use (dwarven defenders) and it's drawbacks (poor mobility, rarity). For a fantasy setting, I think it's great.

Datt

First Post
Well judging from the stone, dwarven armor I am finally going to be able to have rules for crafting the marble handle for the battle axe my dwarf is crafting. How plain is a wood handle? Give me flavor! I will have to check it over when it comes out but I am pretty sure I am buying it. I like to make my own weapons and armor for my characters and there just isn't much you can do with the standard books. Not to mention my DM only allows WoTC material. There are too many other things out there for him to keep up with.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
I liked the beetle. I like weird.

If I get this, items such as the scarab shield are likely to be unique items in my world. The PCs might fight a half-fiend priest of the desert death-god, who has a scarab shield; on killing him, they'll have to think long and hard before taking the scrab as treasure.

Nobody will be able to go down to Frank's Moste Excellente Armour Shoppee and pick up a couple of scarab beetle shields. But they do sound like a fun item for a creepy enemy (or a creepier ally).

This book looks intriguing to me.

Daniel

Steverooo

First Post
Reprints or Revisions?

Droogie said:
I notice lots of armor reprinted from OA.

Bone
Lamallar
Brigadine
Cord
Destana
Leather Scale

Brigandine and Leather Scale have been around since 1e (Unearthed Arcana), at least...

Remove ads