• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Arms and Equipment Guide sample pages up

Fenes 2

First Post
Mark Plemmons said:

Unfortunately, it has been held up due to WotC. Hopefully things will be taken care of soon. That's all I can say.

Mark Plemmons
Kenzer and Company
www.kenzerco.com

Well, I'll be waiting. Kenzer's Villain Desighn Handbook is, imho, far better than WotC's BovD, and I expect Kenzer will have the better equipment guide as well - not as far as stats go - anyone can just beef an item until it is uber, but as far as logical consistency and flavor are concerned.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Back in Night Below or A Hero's Tale, there is a small village where they race giant bugs, the kio or something. They can be made into armor. Fun little module with some great implications for the world its set in.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Fenes 2 said:
I am still waiting for Kenzer & Co.'s Equipment guide.

I'll be interested in this book as well. While I don't think the Villain's book went quite as cool as Book of Vile Darkness, (which I think had superior layout, art, and some other great material), I have been pleased by most of Kenzer's works.

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
Re: Reprints or Revisions?

Steverooo said:

Brigandine and Leather Scale have been around since 1e (Unearthed Arcana), at least...

Yep, and Brigandine was in the KoK Player's Guide (along with Lamellar, Cord, Shrike, Soft Leather and a wooden breastplate).

We had also planned several more for the KoK A&E book, including Dwarven Plate, Elven Chain, Dark Elven Chain, Halfling Cord, Bone, Ring Mail, and others.

Enceladus

First Post
Will the Dwarven Stone be able to disasemble and reasemble into a Jonny on the Spot? I like the idea of a nice shiny marble port-a-potty where ever I go.....

Sounds curious. I play a lot of Darksun where metal is rare so these "unique" materials are more common. Not sure if I'll buy it still however. I'll need to see it in person first.

Enceladus said:
Will the Dwarven Stone be able to disasemble and reasemble into a Jonny on the Spot? I like the idea of a nice shiny marble port-a-potty where ever I go.....

Porto's Porta Potty magical armor:D

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
This is supposed to be a hardback?? Odd..

Why is that odd? Well, the sample pages have the same borders as the splatbooks, RttToEE, and the other paperbacks.

All of the hardbacks have the same internal border as the core books.

On another note, it seems like some of you forget that this is a fantasy game.

It is ok to have a fire breathing dragon, a lightning bolt tossing wizard, a brain sucking mind-flayer, and a plane hopping slaad, but armor made of stone just isn't realistic?

I see...

Silver Griffon

Explorer
It looks good to me. I probably won't be using bondleaf armor, but a 3e (3.5e) product like this needs some wierd stuff to fill it out. I do not need a list of real-world weapons for my 3e fantasy game. Sure, there were dozens if not hundreds of variations on the polearm throughout history, but in DnD most of them would have exactly the same stats. Most of the various blades used in history would be shortswords or longswords in DnD. Their subtle differences are lost in the abstract nature of DnD combat. I don't think its worth the price of a hardcover book to present a list of weapons where the table just repeats the same stats over and over with a different name. Just describe your weapon on your character sheet or draw a picture and pick the closest stats. I have the internet if I want to look up different variations on the longsword or pike. I may not use everything in it, but if it helps me design my own "wierd stuff" by giving me lots of examples then it is worth the investment. I like Pielorinho's idea to use some of the wierder stuff as unique items.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads