• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

D&D Essentials Kit – What It Is and How to Use It

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
How many Starter kits do we need? This is like four now.
I wouldn't consider the Stranger Things and Rick & Morty sets to be official Starter Sets, but rather cross-promotions. I also happen to think that they show really good business sense, and we're likely to see 1-2 released every year for the rest of the edition.

el_stiko

Thanks for typing this! I was a bit confused by some minor points, like talking about the 32-page book being part of a cumbersome package which has been boiled down into a more accessible 64-page book...and the phrase "set of classic six-sided die" set off an old instinct about pluralisation which is the mantra of the guards at the gates of our pedantic hobby.

That's all the feedback I have today!

Advertisement