D&D General D&D is like candy corn

niklinna

satisfied?
Here's the website for them from Brach's. Generic brands also exist. They really are the exact same basic materials (corn syrup, gelatin as a binding agent, confectioner's glaze, and vanilla flavor, generally speaking), just shaped into little almost-cylindrical pumpkins instead of corn kernels.
Oh! The picture brought back memories! I remember these from when I was younger, I think! I wonder when they started making them.

Alas, the gelatin is a deal-breaker for me, but I bet there are vegetarian versions out there. I will check at my local co-op.

pemerton

Legend
I don't think we have candy corn in Australia. At least not that I've come across. What is it's relationship to - say - jelly babies?

niklinna

satisfied?
I don't think we have candy corn in Australia. At least not that I've come across. What is it's relationship to - say - jelly babies?
Nothing like them. Candy Corn is made from semicrystallized corn syrup & sugar. They are not so much chewy as a mix between caramelly & chalky.
But Snickers satisfies!
It does!

In the US do you have the ads with Mr T telling the viewer to "Get some nuts!"?
Not that I ever saw, but I stopped watching TV a long time ago. (Looks up Mr T commercials on youtube.)

I can't say I'm aware of candy corn in the UK either.

It is closest to a Starburst, a Rolo or a fizzy cola bottle?

edit - I was ninja'd while typing, dammit!

niklinna

satisfied?
I can't say I'm aware of candy corn in the UK either.

It is closest to a Starburst, a Rolo or a fizzy cola bottle?

edit - I was ninja'd while typing, dammit!
Even so! All three of those things are better than candy corn, but candy corn still has a place on the American palate. For some reason.

Another video! See there is no Candy Corn Master's Guide, you have to watch a video to learn how to do it.

niklinna

satisfied?
Not even close. Imagine eating candle wax. Candy corn! (said in the style of The Aristocrats)
Yes! (Soft) candle wax is pretty close. Candy corn is grainier because of the sugar.

Remember those syrup-filled wax bottles & lips they used to try to get us to think were real candy? Blech.

Remove ads