D&D-ism you would sacrifice?

Turjan

Explorer
Alignment
The arcane/divine divide
Clerics and how healing is handled (I like the concept of Paladins, though)

I should add that all these points have already been mentioned upthread, and there are "D&D variants" that implement these.

Summer-Knight925

First Post
I would cut out 4e and either revert to 3.5, 'buy' pathfinder (make it a setting atleast for a D&D world) and use rules accordingly

this will make some of you mad, as I know it has....good. :cool:

FireLance

Legend
Ability scores.

Alternatively, ability scores are not determined independently, but are determined by your choice of class, race, trained skills, feats, etc. Moreover, ability scores will have little or no mechanical effect and become mostly descriptive. All mechanical bonuses are dependent on the player's choice of race, class, trained skills, feats, and other discretionary bonuses.

For example, being a fighter gets you bonuses in Strength and Constitution. Training in Diplomacy gets you a bonus to Charisma, while Improved Initiative grants a bonus to Dexterity.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I'm not sure I'd want to sacrifice any outright; I'd be more interested in bringing some back that have already been sacrificed and maybe replacing a few in the process e.g. replace 5-alignment with 9-alignment, replace 3e/4e-style saving throws with 1e style saving throws (i.e. where what is being saved against determines the roll required), replace BAB or equivalent with a combat table that doesn't always progress linear-ly and that players never see, and so forth.

On second thought I did find a sacrifice: if healing surges have become a D+D-ism (debateable) they're going on the altar.

Lan-"in general, replace safety with danger"-efan

Remove ads