D&D General D&D Live Play Dimension 20 At Madison Square Garden

Popular D&D livestream at New York's famous Madison Square Garden.

d20-madison.png

Popular Dungeons & Dragons livestream Dimension 20 will be appearing live at New York's famous Madison Square Garden next year.

The one-night-only game will take place on January 24th 2025, and will be called Gauntlet at the Garden. It will feature six of the series' regular cast--Emily Axford, Ally Beardsley, Brian Murphy, Zac Oyama, Siobhan Thompson, and Lou Wilson, with Brendan Lee Mulligan as the GM. Tickets will go on sale this Friday.

Madison Square Garden is a multi-purpose arena in New York and has a capacity of about 20,000 people. Last year, Critical Role played Wembley Arena in London.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I think there's something of an epidemic of folks unable to remain engaged when they are not directly involved in the thing at the moment,even for short periods. If you can't be a fan of the other players doing their thing, you need to be playing BG3 instead.
Do short periods include sitting at your computer by yourself for hours on end watching play videos?

Reynard

Legend
Do short periods include sitting at your computer by yourself for hours on end watching play videos?
I was responding to this:
It's funny to hear people say that they don't like watching other people roleplay. A huge joy of playing, at least for me, is that I get to watch other people playing at the table. If I didn't enjoy watching other people roleplaying I think I wouldn't enjoy roleplay much myself, as there are often times when your character isn't involved in a scene.

Von Ether

Legend
I'd like to go just once, perhaps in person with fellow audience members the energy will be different. At home on a screen, these sort of things can't hold my attention for more than five minutes. Also I usually catch the highlights on Youtube and feel like I got the best parts anyway.

Again, this is just me. More power to those who find this to be their jam.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Critical Role, raised over 11 million dollars to do an animated demo to shop around to streaming services / studios. That money came from fans of theirs. People who watched their livestreams and listened to their podcasts. 11 million+

But there's not an audience for Dimension 20 at MSG?

Glass Cannon, who has nowhere NEAR the popularity of Critical Role or Dimension 20 performs their games in venues all over the country and have been doing it for years now. People show up to watch. Theyre able to sell out some of those venues. Theyre able to sell VIP tickets to these venues. There's clearly an audience for this stuff no matter how we may feel personally about it. To state otherwise is just false.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Critical Role, raised over 11 million dollars to do an animated demo to shop around to streaming services / studios. That money came from fans of theirs. People who watched their livestreams and listened to their podcasts. 11 million+

But there's not an audience for Dimension 20 at MSG?

Glass Cannon, who has nowhere NEAR the popularity of Critical Role or Dimension 20 performs their games in venues all over the country and have been doing it for years now. People show up to watch. Theyre able to sell out some of those venues. Theyre able to sell VIP tickets to these venues. There's clearly an audience for this stuff no matter how we may feel personally about it. To state otherwise is just false.
Crittters are loyal cul... I mean followers, nothing deters them, they are invincible.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads