D&D General D&D Live Play Dimension 20 At Madison Square Garden

Popular D&D livestream at New York's famous Madison Square Garden.

d20-madison.png

Popular Dungeons & Dragons livestream Dimension 20 will be appearing live at New York's famous Madison Square Garden next year.

The one-night-only game will take place on January 24th 2025, and will be called Gauntlet at the Garden. It will feature six of the series' regular cast--Emily Axford, Ally Beardsley, Brian Murphy, Zac Oyama, Siobhan Thompson, and Lou Wilson, with Brendan Lee Mulligan as the GM. Tickets will go on sale this Friday.

Madison Square Garden is a multi-purpose arena in New York and has a capacity of about 20,000 people. Last year, Critical Role played Wembley Arena in London.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Do short periods include sitting at your computer by yourself for hours on end watching play videos?
Actual play makes great stuff to have on while washing the dishes or making dinner. I'm not one who wants to get super-engaged in every aspect of combat (other than, you know, when people are climbing up corn monsters' orifices), but it allows me to tune in and out of the fun highlights of the rest of the game.

Clint_L

Hero
There’s a lot of yucking other people’s yums in this thread. I get not being into actual play shows - I’m not big into watching sports. I don’t get the need to imply that there’s something wrong with enjoying actual play shows, like it’s badwrongfun.

It kind of reminds me of how playing DnD used to be looked down upon. You’d think this community would be more open-minded.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I think people in general are bad at assessing how much of an audience there is for things they dislike or don't understand, especially in the age of the internet and social media, where those with "fringe" interests can easily find each other, build and grow their communities, and create momentum that draws others in.

Barantor

Explorer
For the numbers thing? Look at the D&Diesel video with Vin Diesel (5.6m views btw on youtube) or the ones with Colbert. There is an audience that will watch these, sure the stars attract more folks, but there is a big section of regular viewership too.

My friend is very frustrated with the ticketmaster situation, she couldn't get them right away and they went from $200 a seat to $600 in the matter of minutes because of surge pricing.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads