D&D 5E D&D Live Schedule - Unannounced Book Reveal July 16th

The October unannounced book first mentioned by WotC's Ray Winninger in June will be revealed at 3pm ET (8pm BST) on Friday. This book joins The Wild Beyond the Witchlight and Strixhaven: Curriculum of Chaos as the next three official D&D releases this year. https://www.enworld.org/threads/ray-winninger-mentions-third-project.680644/...

The October unannounced book first mentioned by WotC's Ray Winninger in June will be revealed at 3pm ET (8pm BST) on Friday. This book joins The Wild Beyond the Witchlight and Strixhaven: Curriculum of Chaos as the next three official D&D releases this year.

7341E8C8-E1C5-4A1B-8E0C-2CD099A70522.jpeg

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I saw in an article that hobgoblin race will not appear in the Witchlight book, but instead will appear in a new adventure. Strange, as I assume that a new adventure won't be dropping until 2022?

EDIT: It also may be that this book is indeed meant to be a two-parter, with the second part to be released in 2022. I doubt it, but possible.

I saw in an article that hobgoblin race will not appear in the Witchlight book, but instead will appear in a new adventure. Strange, as I assume that a new adventure won't be dropping until 2022?

EDIT: It also may be that this book is indeed meant to be a two-parter, with the second part to be released in 2022. I doubt it, but possible.

Link to the article please?

Urriak Uruk

@Parmandur or a new cosmology of sorts.

Something more like the mists are the new astral.

Maybe? I wonder if the Mists are really just specific to the Material Plane, the Feywild, and the Shadowfel, as they are truly reflections of each other. The other planes are really more extensions, or additional areas, while the Material, Fey and Shadow are almost thin layers atop each other.

Just my view though, they may extend the Mists further than this.

Thanks I found this this one mentioning it. New D&D book explains why dragons are so important that they’re half the game's name

Plus more D&D news links

Dungeons & Dragons' Feywild Now Has Domains Of Delight

This basically confirms to my thinking that one of the new D&D settings they are working on is the Domains of Delight, ruled by the Archfey instead of Dark Lords. They compare Prismeer to Barovia Beyond the Witchlight to Curse of Strahd, Palace of Heart's Desire seems akin to Castle Ravenloft, so perhaps the new setting will as a whole will be called Heart's Desire or Prismeer after the Domain itself.

It also occurs to me, the Feywild Hobgoblin could be for the hypothetical new setting book itself.

Urriak Uruk

Thanks I found this this one mentioning it. New D&D book explains why dragons are so important that they’re half the game's name

Plus more D&D news links

Dungeons & Dragons' Feywild Now Has Domains Of Delight

This basically confirms to my thinking that one of the new D&D settings they are working on is the Domains of Delight, ruled by the Archfey instead of Dark Lords. They compare Prismeer to Barovia Beyond the Witchlight to Curse of Strahd, Palace of Heart's Desire seems akin to Castle Ravenloft, so perhaps the new setting will as a whole will be called Heart's Desire or Prismeer after the Domain itself.

It also occurs to me, the Feywild Hobgoblin could be for the hypothetical new setting book itself.

Good points all, except I think that Prismeer is just one Domain of Delight. If they made a full book, I'm thinking they would create many more. And hopefully just explore the Feywild more generally, which Ravenloft didn't do for the Shadowfel.

Remove ads

Remove ads