D&D Minis: Preview 2

med stud

First Post
Sonny said:
Three new human minis are previewed, along with the return of the mystery silhouette. I must say, the cleric of Pelor looks awesome! :D

See them here.
I agree on the cleric. I usually don't like how minis look but the cleric is a 5/5 :)

PS: It would be nice if powers could be recharged during a combat in the ways the fighter does it in 4e as well.

Klaus

First Post
The cleric is nice, but the hanging holy symbol isn't all that. It looks like he's holding a short sword by its tip. The scupt should've had the cleric holding the symbol in his hand, to avoid trying to make the necklace that holds it.

The human fighter looks more like the armor shown for eladrin (with the new brown skin of baseline elves).

And the everfrost ranger is dressed for cold weather? Where?

As for the sillouettes, I'm calling the two top right ones as a displacer beast and a bullette.

Raith5 said:
The cleric of pelor's "combat healing" ability looks like the clearest statement yet of how healing looks like it going to work in 4th ed.

The earlier preview had the cleric needing to hit to heal his allies, which would force the cleric to be pretty offensive. Now the allies hit to heal themselves, so that the cleric can commit himself to other actions while not losing the healing aura.

ZombieRoboNinja said:
I also wonder how/if something similar to Bloody Critical would be implemented as a PC ability. Class ability? Class-specific talent? Incredibly overpowered feat? ;)

I think it looks like the ability that makes a ranger a striker; as such, I don't think it looks stronger than sneak attack now that most enemies are vulnerable. The warlocks had something that sounded similar in a earlier playtest.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Voss said:
The everfrost ranger doesn't seem all that well dressed for a cold environment. Chain mail, no sleeves and a cloak that barely reaches the knees doesn't strike me as cold weather gear.

Ah, but he has Nordic fair hair, so he's obviously from a cold environment. Plus, he is so tough he likes to keep his arms bare :)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Raith5 said:
The cleric of pelor's "combat healing" ability looks like the clearest statement yet of how healing looks like it going to work in 4th ed.

An interesting side effect of that is that it rewards the active combatants with healing, and not those who are skulking around at the sides. An interesting concept and something I could see Pelor wanting to support.

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
Silouettes:
1- Harbinger Angel
3- Balhannoth
7- Death Knight
12- Gargoyle Strangler
18- Mind Flayer thrallkeeper
19- Skeletal Tomb Guardian

All guesses based on the sketches in Worlds and Monsters.
:cool:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases