D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie: Action Packed, Funny as Hell

According to Justice Smith, one of the stars of the upcoming Dungeons and Dragons movie, the film is "action-packed, thrilling, funny as hell".

dungeons-and-dragons-filming.jpg

In a conversation with Collider, Smith said:

[Goldstein and Daley are] incredible. They’re so funny and they have such clear vision. I loved Game Night. That movie is so good and so funny. And it’s such a clear, specific story. It doesn’t try and be anything that it’s not. I think they approached this the same way. I can’t spoil too much but it’s action-packed, thrilling, funny as hell… it’s all of the things and yet it has a clear idea. That specificity is key in storytelling and John and Jonathan do that so well, being like, "This is the story we’re telling but they’re making it enjoyable the entire time." This is me not trying to spoil the movie in any regards. I’ve given away no details.

The movie, which also stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Regé-Jean Page, Hugh Grant, and Sophia Lillis, is scheduled for March 3rd, 2023.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
It’s weird how precious some gamers are about adaptations.

Why pretend this isn’t true?

View attachment 143824
There is a place for humor in D&D games, movies, comics, etc.

That said, assuming that there is some kind of McLaughlin Group scale of fantasy humor where Monty Python & The Holy Grail is a 10, The Princess Bride is a strong 9, Shrek a hard 8, and Army of Darkness is 7, and Your Highness is a weak 1, I would put The Unmentionable Marlon Wayans Movie That Was Pruned (Thank The Gods) as a solid 1.5.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
That said, assuming that there is some kind of McLaughlin Group scale of fantasy humor where Monty Python & The Holy Grail is a 10, The Princess Bride is a strong 9, Shrek a hard 8, and Army of Darkness is 7, and Your Highness is a weak 1, I would put The Unmentionable Marlon Wayans Movie That Was Pruned (Thank The Gods) as a solid 1.5.
As I said earlier, humor is realative to the observer.
Exactly so.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases