D&D Movie/TV Hugh Grant To Play Villain in the D&D Movie

Hugh Grant will be playing the villain in the Chris Pine D&D movie, which also stars Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez, Jurassic World's Justice Smith and Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page, according to Deadline.

According to ComicBookMovie, his character name is Forge Fletcher, and the cast will be joined by I Am Not OK With This actor Sophia Lillis playing a character called Doric.

In recent years, Hugh Grant has played villains in Paddington 2, and The Undoing.

Hugh_Grant_in_2014.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
Don't know about you lot but when I think compelling villain Hugh Grant is right up there.

Are they exploring a public toilet?

commandercrud

Adventurer
It is these days. He was the villain in the Bridget Jones films, Paddington 2, and The Undoing (TV show), and a pretty seedy character in The Gentlemen, and A Very English Scandal. He hasn't been a rom-com hero in a long time.
As I said, I like Hugh Grant. I know his movies. But a D&D villain? We'll see....

TheSword

Legend
As @Morrus said he played a utterly morally bankrupt politician in a Very British Scandal. He played it very well and got the balance between charming and being a douche right in Brigit Jones too. Like-able but clearly a bad guy. I would think that was a good mix for a villain.

I suspect they’re moving well away from the hamming up of the first film. Hand rubbing, cackling maniacally just isnt engaging enough.

Also... Hugh Grant was caught in a parked car with a prostitute @Zardnaar not a toilet.

Zardnaar

Legend
As @Morrus said he played a very good utterly morally bankrupt politician in a Very British Scandal. He got the balance right in Brigit Jones too. Likeable but clearly a bad guy. I would think that was a good mix for a villain.

I suspect they’re moving well away from the hamming up of the first film. Hand rubbing, cackling maniacally just isnt engaging enough.

Also... Hugh Grant was caught in a parked car with a prostitute @Zardnaar not a toilet.

It's been 27 years.

Visit Our Sponsor

Latest threads

An Advertisement

Advertisement4