D&D Movie/TV D&D Movie Cast Plays A Game Of D&D!

Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Regé-Jean Page, Sophia Lillis, and Justice Smith played a one-shot, two-hour game of D&D before shooting started on the movie. The 30-second video, posted by Paramount Pictures, doesn't actually show the game, but the cast comments on the experience.

Since they obviously recorded it, I would wager we'll see it eventually, even if it is a DVD bonus or heck maybe during some re-release add a showing of the game. Clearly they seemed to enjoy it
Maybe. Or maybe we just saw the salvageable seconds of a terribly unentertaining session.

My guess is that is was probably mostly just a little on the awkward side, as games with a new group with new players often are. Probably enjoyable enough for super fans who buy the blu-ray, but probably not engaging enough content to be deemed good marketing.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Maybe. Or maybe we just saw the salvageable seconds of a terribly unentertaining session.

My guess is that is was probably mostly just a little on the awkward side, as games with a new group with new players often are. Probably enjoyable enough for super fans who buy the blu-ray, but probably not engaging enough content to be deemed good marketing.
The actors have spoken about the session quite a bit, all favorably. Those that hadn't played before said it was like acting class.

The actors have spoken about the session quite a bit, all favorably. Those that hadn't played before said it was like acting class.
Cool. I still think that if it was compelling viewing it would have been released by now. And a D&D session can certainly be a ton of fun without being a good viewing experience. Heck, it might just have technical issues like poor sound quality on their remote DM or something.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
The last means by which future generations will be able to see what media we consumed before the Second Dark Age ; so named for the absolute dearth of information preserved after that time.
I mean... technically, even a d v d requires another machine with it's own set of standards to access the information contained therein. Books were the last non technology intermediated medium (not counting those who need reading glasses 🤓 )

Remove ads

Remove ads