D&D (2024) D&D playtest feed back report, UA8

Kurotowa

Legend
The two big points for me are that Crawford firmly disavowed the May release date, and that the UA8 Monk scored so well. He took time to say how hard it is to get over 90% scores with the size and diversity of the playerbase, and that Monk has stolen the "Most Improved" trophy from Ranger just before the finish line. Which is all great news to me, I'm really looking forward to playing a UA8 Monk.

aco175

Legend
I would guess that they are still trying for a release at GenCon of the PHB. I think I am ok with a delay if it means a better product and more playtesting to get things right over just putting out fair/good. I think I would even be ok with a November release in time for Christmas, but at some point your 50th anniversary celebration will loose it's luster if products just whimper along.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
The two big points for me are that Crawford firmly disavowed the May release date, and that the UA8 Monk scored so well. He took time to say how hard it is to get over 90% scores with the size and diversity of the playerbase, and that Monk has stolen the "Most Improved" trophy from Ranger just before the finish line. Which is all great news to me, I'm really looking forward to playing a UA8 Monk.
That they've improved both the ranger and the monk (and with such high approval ratings) is music to my ears. Those are the two 2014 classes I regularly want to play but don't, due to their underwhelmingness.

Remove ads