D&D 5E D&D Summer Hardcover Amazon Placeholder

There's a D&D product placeholder for the summer hardcover up on Amazon. It doesn't say much, but confirms the release date as August 16th. There's some product dimensions there, too -- they match a standard D&D hardcover (except for the 2-inch thickness!) -- and an ISBN (978-0786968169). [Update -- the US version of the placeholder has a price of $69.99.] We'll find out more on Thursday...

There's a D&D product placeholder for the summer hardcover up on Amazon. It doesn't say much, but confirms the release date as August 16th. There's some product dimensions there, too -- they match a standard D&D hardcover (except for the 2-inch thickness!) -- and an ISBN (978-0786968169).

[Update -- the US version of the placeholder has a price of $69.99.]

We'll find out more on Thursday when the D&D Direct video is released. Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse is on May 17th, and Journeys Through the Radiant Citadel comes out on June 21st.

From previous statements from WotC, we're expecting two classic settings to come back this year, and these will be in a new print format. WotC's Ray Winninger said in June last year that "Each of these products is pursuing a different format you've never seen before. And neither is "digital only;" these are new print formats." Current speculation, based on hints and teasers, is mainly centered around Spelljammer and Dragonlance.

dnd_unknown.jpg

Dr. Bull

Adventurer
I'm focused on what kind of product this might be...

Perhaps this is a Dragonlance box set, with a map, a gazetteer, and an adventure? Maybe it is a Planescape box set or a Spelljammer box set?

Then again, this could simply be a placeholder for the already announced "basic/essentials" product...
Well, I called it (kinda)! This is probably my first accurate prediction regarding WOTC's output. A Dragonlance box set on large-scale combat? Cross-compatible with traditional D&D? Super cool!

Remove ads

Remove ads