D&D General D&D without Resource Management

Would you like D&D to have less resource management?

• Yes

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • Yes but only as an optional variant of play

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Yes but only as a individual PC/NPC/Monster choice

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 30 22.9%
  • No but I'd definitely play another game with less resource management

Votes: 14 10.7%
  • No. If anything it needs even more resource management

Votes: 39 29.8%
  • Somewhar. Shift resource manage to another part of the game like gold or items

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Somewhat. Tie resource manage to the playstyle and genre mechanics.

Votes: 11 8.4%

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
To the bolded part, I didn't say that, stop making my post seem more dramatic then what it was. What I was waxing poetic about was that I believe any designer or artist should continuously work to polish their skills as they create the things they want to see. I wish that WotC was more daring in their designs, not only because they can afford to be, but because I would learn more about design myself from them doing so.

As for your second paragraph, I don't know what you're talking about. Innovations in game design usually don't happen on forums, and them not making it off of forums doesn't mean anything, as a forum is not by itself an objective crucible or measure of quality, and there's a litany of factors that an otherwise great innovation might not make it to an actual project, let alone widespread adoption.

And to everyone saying that change isn't always better, I do not care. If the change isn't good, then we can try something else. This "What if..." argument will never sway my opinion. Talking about hypotheticals wherein the changes are absolute dog water are useless and don't do anything to advance or stimulate the discussion.
To be clear, my argument was not for or against change. It was a comment on WotC's lack of financial incentive (their highest priority) to make any significant change at all.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
.... that's...

I don't even know how to respond to that. Designers openly admitting the game has flaws that need correction is somehow not trying to improve the game...

I just...what? How does this make any sense?
It doesnt have to. Its the holiday season. Take care.

Remove ads