D&D General D&D's feel - ENWorld vs. rpg.net

I just posted a fresh copy of the "feel" poll on r/DnD on Reddit, the largest single community of D&D players I could find online (2.3 million users, 7300 active). That's as close to a public query as I can get, I think. I'll be back in a week with the results...
You might want to ask on r/dndnext or r/rpg; content on r/dnd that isn't art tends to get buried extremely fast and go unnoticed.

JEB

Legend
You might want to ask on r/dndnext or r/rpg; content on r/dnd that isn't art tends to get buried extremely fast and go unnoticed.
I deliberately avoided r/dndnext because it's aimed at 5E players specifically, but r/rpg might be worth a try if r/dnd isn't productive!

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I'd say alignment is pretty iconic to D&D myself. They make memes about it. I'd venture out to the general public because these forums represent the vocal minority. That minority has a lot more power now than it did even 5 years ago. Let's see what the public really has to say?
It is absolutely iconic to D&D, but is it essential to the feel of D&D? I’d agree with @JEB that it is an element that is deeply associated with D&D, but that is pretty much obsolete. I don’t think the feel of D&D would be all that different without alignment (but I liked 4e, so what do I know? 😜)

Remove ads