D&D 5E D&D's official twitter feed is giving previews of art and contents from Monsters of the Multiverse

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I don't know about that. I think a centaur mule would be better off. .

And doing steps that aren't sufficiently shallow and wide would be very difficult for them
About as hard as for a human.
and have never known a horse that can go down a ladder.
Horses don’t have hands.
That said, them being medium would certainly help - but in my mind there is no way a classic centaur can be medium. Again, others may feel differently.

Classical centaurs in ancient art are as tall as an adult male human, tbf.

If the word "race" had issues, that goes double for subrace!

Lineage is a soft replacement. "race" is being phased out. It won't be gone completely until the new rulebooks in 2024. Until then the two systems exist in parallel.

Where have you seen it won't be in the 2024 rulebook? I've seen no evidence race is being phased out. They had Lineages in VRGtR, but those were mechanically distinct from races in that one could switch ones race for a Lineage at higher levels, which baring reincarnation spell you can do with regular races. They have not used the term since.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
This was gone over fairly extensively when they first did the Medium Centaur in the UA, but a normal human torso on a Steppe Nomad Pony chasis would definitely be Medium.
🤷‍♂️

People can justify and enjoy it anyway they like. More power to them! I hope they have fun. I am only mentioning my preferences.

Remove ads