D&D 5E D&D's Top 10 Fighter Subclasses Revealed!

In another of D&D Beyond's frequent data shares, here is a look at the most popular fighter subclasses currently in use. The Champion leads the pack, followed by Battlemaster, Eldritch Knight, Gunslinger, and Samurai.

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 10.53.22 AM.png

No. It's just the Weapon Mastery Feats from one of the UA.
Ah. like the Sword or spear feats?

I thought that you were talking about fighting styles: I missed the "as well" in your previous post.

Do you allow characters to learn the Fighting Style fighter class feature in downtime as well?

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
No. It's just the Weapon Mastery Feats from one of the UA.

Those feats don't offer Fighting Styles, though. They're sort of like fighting styles in feat form, but they're not the same, so I'm still a bit confused how learning Fighting Styles is possible for Clerics or Druids.

On paper, the Arcane Archer looks like a missed opportunity. But in practice the fighter chasis is sturdy. Action Surge, Archery fighting style, lots of ASIs, and the Sharpshooter feat. At that point, Arcane Shot is just gravy. I think the problems with the subclass are more in flavor than in mechanical effectiveness.

Weiley31

Legend
Those feats don't offer Fighting Styles, though. They're sort of like fighting styles in feat form, but they're not the same, so I'm still a bit confused how learning Fighting Styles is possible for Clerics or Druids.
I just snap my fingers and they have em.

Join me next week when I have the BBEG REBUKE a Nat 20 roll because he stole the Goddess of Fates's control of fate and the story arc asks the PCs to figure out how to beat that.

Last edited:

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)

Join me next week when I have the BBEG REBUKE a Nat 20 roll because he stole the Goddess of Fates's control of fate and the plot asks the PCs to figure out how to beat that.

Got it, I just was confused because it didn't make sense with your original statement - "I actually allow ALL features of that UA to be used. So paladins/clerics in my games can use Blessed Warrior and druids/rangers can use Druidic Warrior. You can easily Homebrew an Eldritch Warrior fighting style to do the same thing for Bards/Eldritch Knights." Nothing in the alternate class features UA allows training rules to let Druids and Clerics to get those fighting styles. But I understand what you're doing now, and that's cool.

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
Got it, I just was confused because it didn't make sense with your original statement - "I actually allow ALL features of that UA to be used. So paladins/clerics in my games can use Blessed Warrior and druids/rangers can use Druidic Warrior. You can easily Homebrew an Eldritch Warrior fighting style to do the same thing for Bards/Eldritch Knights." Nothing in the alternate class features UA allows training rules to let Druids and Clerics to get those fighting styles. But I understand what you're doing now, and that's cool.
Your good. I originally kept Blessed Warrior and Druidic Warrior just to the Paladin/Ranger too, then I thought, why not?

Your good. I originally kept Blessed Warrior and Druidic Warrior just to the Paladin/Ranger too, then I thought, why not?
Have to admit: I'd be a little leery of giving out the class features of one class to another, particularly when it is a fairly defining feature of a relatively underpowered class being given to an already-powerful class.

Without knowing if you have any other houserules in place to correct the imbalance, I can't really comment on the impact on your game though.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases