• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign - Recruiting Alternate Players

jdeleski

First Post
Review of Annie Kathleen Mahoney Character Sheet

Eabha,

Very good! Annie is obviously a good antagonist for Mr. Starkweather. :p

I have one minor change. Your character, at 37 years of age, will have no aging effects. Aging effects only come into play when your character reaches 50 years old. If you choose to adjust your ability scores, don't forget to adjust all dependent stats (i.e. HP, AC, Init bonus, Saves, attack bonuses, skills, and # of languages).

An average starting savings and income for Annie, as a doctor, would be the same as for Vittorio Liuizzi, our well educated engineer and demolitions expert. That is, Annie would gain +2 for her profession modifier as a doctor, therefore her starting savings = (1d6+2) X $2,000 or on average would therefore be about $11,000 (i.e. (3.5 + 2) X $2K). Her average starting income would be (1d6+2) X $1,000 = $5,500. If you'd like to use these numbers, I'm OK with that. If you believe that your character would have a higher savings or income based on her background or personality, then let the negotiations begin! *laughs*

We can try to link up to discuss feats and costs of clothing (ladies love to shop...) whenever you return from your RL activities.

--------------------------------------------
Thanks!
Job (the tortured one).

eabha

First Post
Okay, I just made some minor changes to my stats.

When would you like to do this feat thing? I'm a busy person so it's probably going to have to be the phone option. I don't get home until late on Mondays (tutoring), Tuesdays (gaming) and Wednesdays (more tutoring). If you are not a very early riser, we could have a conversation at about 10:15/10:30pm-ish on Monday (today!) or Wednesday. Gaming goes to all hours. Can't say when I'll get home.

Let me know what you think. I am very eager to get this character sheet done and get Annie into New York to do some investigating. And to stir up trouble!

jdeleski

First Post
Eabha Character Refinements

eabha said:
Okay, I just made some minor changes to my stats.

When would you like to do this feat thing? I'm a busy person so it's probably going to have to be the phone option. I don't get home until late on Mondays (tutoring), Tuesdays (gaming) and Wednesdays (more tutoring). If you are not a very early riser, we could have a conversation at about 10:15/10:30pm-ish on Monday (today!) or Wednesday. Gaming goes to all hours. Can't say when I'll get home.

Let me know what you think. I am very eager to get this character sheet done and get Annie into New York to do some investigating. And to stir up trouble!

I normally leave my home at about 6:30am US Eastern time to drive to my office, so any time before that would be fine, depending on how awake you are at that time of day. :cool: I might also be take 20 minutes this Wednesday, 20-Jul, at about 10 or 10:30ish US Eastern for a phone call, if that works for you. Late evenings is tough for me since I leave for the office as early as I do.
--------------------------------------------
Thanks!
Job (the tortured one).

eabha

First Post
Well at least we're in the same time zone!

Yeah, mornings are okay. I get up around 6:00am, leave for work at 7:00am. So between 6 and 6:30 is perfect. But so is Wednesday night. I'll email you my phone number right now.

taitzu52

First Post
OK, I'm almost set with my equipment (couldn't have done it without you, Shaman). I do need to know how much my surveying equipment will cost. I'm assuming that I'll have at least 2 cases worth that I need to haul around. Knowing how to carry large bulky stuff to inhospitable places is pretty much the explanaition for a lot of Jim's skills.

In thanks for horking your equipment list, I found a nice pic for you, Shaman:

*Insert Chilean here*

Last edited:

Bobitron

Explorer
Nice pic, taitzu.

Hey jdeleski, should I post a 'getting ready for the journey' post in the in-game thread?

Edit: And yes, that clipping is very well done. :)

jdeleski

First Post
Once your character sheets are approved (so far, Morpheus', Shaman's, and Bobitron's sheets are approved, although Eabha's character is a notable exception for now), I encourage you to begin your IC preparations and inquiries.

And I feel that it's important to emphasize that, aside from the main storyline from Lovecraft and the adventure direction and tone, there are a number of changes that I've made within the module as published. I am doing this so that anyone who's read the module or Lovecraft's story will find this campaign challenging (i.e. deadly?) and fresh. Most of the key events and personalities from the module will be present, but you should take nothing for granted. It is the same story, but it's not the same story. I suspect that anyone who's read or played BMoM will have very few advantages over players who have not.

And thank you for your kind words about my article! You'll be seeing a fair number of newspaper articles that follow your exploits, especially considering that you have a photojournalist along for the ride. :D

----------------------------------------------
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

The Shaman

First Post
Bobitron said:
Nice pic, taitzu. :)
I agree, and thank you for posting it, taitzu52, but it's not quite how I picture Paco. I'm still hunting around for just the right shot... :cool:

jdeleski, I'm still doing some background research for my character, and then I'll be able to post about his prep. I have a busy day tomorrow, but I should have some time on Wednesday.

Remove ads