[D20 CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign - Recruiting Alternate Players

Job

First Post
In another dimension...

Bobitron said:
Vittorio listens to the radio for an hour or so and heads to bed after a short bath.
While reclining and relaxing with his eyes closed in the warm, soapy water, Vittorio hears a small gurgle from the drain. Suddenly, a writhing tentacular mass clutches his ankle, sending shards of pain through his neurosystem and it drags the Italian towards the small, 2.5 inch diameter drainhole and what could only be imagined as a gruesome, violent death. Vittorio loses his grip on his rubber ducky during the surprise attack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

Job

First Post
Taokan said:
Option 6, personally. (All of the above will occur simultaneously, thus calling forth Azathoth itself to re-establish chaos? YIKES!) And mutated giant badgers will rain from the sky, thus inspiring Job for yet another campaign.

Badgers? *scratches head*

Your badgers have inspired me to start the BtMoM "Lite" campaign in the above post that begins with Vittorio getting sucked down the drain of his bathtub in the Amherst Hotel! :cool:

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Job said:
I'm taking a poll. Which do you think will occur first?
  1. The DM will have gone utterly insane in attempting to complete such a huge campaign in a highly-detailed play-by-post format and will be replaced by a new, also utterly insane, DM?
BTW, this poll is also open to any lurkers who've been strangely compelled to watch over this vast undertaking.

Job (the tortured one

Who says the DM was sane to begin with?

Bobitron

Explorer
Job said:
While reclining and relaxing with his eyes closed in the warm, soapy water, Vittorio hears a small gurgle from the drain. Suddenly, a writhing tentacular mass clutches his ankle, sending shards of pain through his neurosystem and it drags the Italian towards the small, 2.5 inch diameter drainhole and what could only be imagined as a gruesome, violent death. Vittorio loses his grip on his rubber ducky during the surprise attack.

Job (the tortured one).

Hehehe, could've been worse, I suppose. No insanity involved. :heh:

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
The Shaman said:
And we have a winner! ;)

Thank you, thank you. I'd like to thank all of the little people (especially the halflings of Hin) for making this possible. I'd also like to thank my Mom and Dad, for, well, for having me-without them, none of this would have been possible. Lastly, I'd like to thank Job...for being insane enough to run BtMoM for us and doing a damn fine, ahem, job. Checks can be made out to... :p

Job

First Post
The First Milestone

Whoo Hoo! We're officially into Chapter 1!

Hmm. Let me do a little math... Let's see. 4 months for the prologue.

*scribble, scribble*

And how many chapters? Well, we have to count chapter 1 since we haven't done that one yet...

*Flips open the huge paperback tome*

10 chapters? Hmm, no... 15 chapters? Uh, no, more than that... 17 chapters?!? Yep. 17.

*scribble, scribble*

4 months X 17 chapters = 68 months.

*jaw drops*

The Shaman

First Post
Job said:
4 months X 17 chapters = 68 months.
I hope you took the Gamemaster Endurance feat. ;)
Job said:
Characters are free to take any actions during this week that seem reasonable, and we'll play those closing actions out here in this thread.
Paco definitely has things to do - I'm going to think about it tomorrow and post on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks for being patient with my slow productivity the last week.

Job

First Post
The Shaman said:
"Characters are free to take any actions during this week that seem reasonable" - Paco definitely has things to do. I'm going to think about it tomorrow and post on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Please note that the week that I was referring to is a week in game time. You are free to play out that full gameweek over the course of a number of weeks in realtime, if it takes that.

The Shaman said:
Thanks for being patient with my slow productivity the last week.
No problem whatsoever! I'm very pleased that you folks are sticking with the game.

In thinking about the length of this campaign, however, I'm sure that all you of would agree with me that 68 months is too long. I'll now be examining each chapter and event with an eye towards trimming the length of time, but I'm going to try to be careful not to exclude any events that a) are critical to the storyline, b) are important for character or NPC development, and c) add fun. If ever any of you players feel that we're bogged down in details that don't matter and aren't very much fun, don't be afraid to post your thoughts. Or send me a PM.

For example, I have a tendency to spend a lot of time adding setting details and photos and maps that, I think, add to the immersion. If you think that I'm spending too much time on this, just let me know.

Job (the tortured one).

Remove ads