• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign - Recruiting Alternate Players

Job

First Post
Øyvind Raknes Character Sheet Approved

Drowned Hero,

You character sheet is approved. I'll need to work up Starkweather's response to your letter, so please wait for that before posting any actions. I'll be out of town for the next couple of days, so I might not get to it until Friday/Saturday, but it'll be coming! :cool:

And it would be very interesting to develop nicknames in the IC thread. We're getting to the point in the game where the team members will start interacting much more, so that'll be fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Job said:
Drowned Hero,

You character sheet is approved. I'll need to work up Starkweather's response to your letter, so please wait for that before posting any actions. I'll be out of town for the next couple of days, so I might not get to it until Friday/Saturday, but it'll be coming! :cool:

And it would be very interesting to develop nicknames in the IC thread. We're getting to the point in the game where the team members will start interacting much more, so that'll be fun.

Job.

Hey don't worry about the time. :)

I like your style to GM this game. Well thought posts, whit accurate information, incredible use of language, etc. My own English is far from being good. I'm bilingual in Norwegian and Spanish (Chile).

I enjoyed the reading of the prologue. Specially the Chilean mountaineer ;) and the references to Amundsen, actually the foto im using his Fridtjof Nansen. One of the biggest explorers from this norther country, ofcurse sitting closely to Amundsen. :)

Last edited:

Job

First Post
Drowned Hero said:
My own English is far from being good. I'm bilingual in Norwegian and Spanish (Chile).
Actually, your use of English is just fine and, as far as I can tell, you're communicating your ideas very well. And an occasional grammar error is perfectly fine--and also somewhat in character--since Øyvind doesn't naturally speak English.

Drowned Hero said:
I enjoyed the reading of the prologue. Specially the Chilean mountaineer ;) and the references to Amundsen, actually the foto im using his Fridtjof Nansen. One of the biggest explorers from this norther country, ofcurse sitting closely to Amundsen. :)
We do have an excellent group here. Now I'm interested in googling Fridtjog Nansen to read about his exploits!

Job (the tortured one).

Job

First Post
Yes, we're seeking one additional player to replace an individual who's become inactive. If you are interested, take a peek at the first post in this thread to identify a role that is not yet filled, then let us know a little about your character concept.

Drowned Hero just joined the expedition as a dog handler and has started posting in Chapter 1. Once we OK your character concept, you'd need to post a letter to James Starkweather (as Drowned Hero did) and we'd then start work on your character sheet.

It'd be great to have you aboard, Watus! If you're not aware of this particular Cthulhu adventure, be aware that this is an epic campaign (it may take over 2 years to play out via PbP! Yikes!), and a very deadly one. :uhoh: But as you can tell from this re-recruiting effort, as players come and players go, I'm going to try to maintain a full cast of characters and keep the story moving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job.

Watus

First Post
I've actually read through the threads already, I just wasn't sure if Drowned Hero had filled the last spot. This looks like a great game, and I'm available for the long haul.

If Eahba is MIA, then perhaps Starkweather would be intrested in Dr. Vitus X. Lambert, Swiss Physician, Mountaineer and Champion Skiier.

If you're holding that spot, perhaps a field anthropologist of some sort.

Job

First Post
Drowned Hero said:
Thanks for the links, Drowned Hero. Nansen was certainly an incredible explorer and leader! From his sports accomplishments in his teens, and his explorations and scientific work during midcareer, to his political work in his latter years, the man was truly inspiring. I'm surprised that Øyvind isn't a scientist. ;)

Job.

Job

First Post
Watus said:
If Eahba is MIA, then perhaps Starkweather would be intrested in Dr. Vitus X. Lambert, Swiss Physician, Mountaineer and Champion Skiier.

If you're holding that spot, perhaps a field anthropologist of some sort.
Watus,

After I emailed Eabha a number of weeks ago, she responded to me that she's still interested in the game, but that was three weeks ago. If you're willing to wait another week (I'd like to give her a total of 4 weeks to rejoin us, which is the same that I'd offer any player), and if she doesn't post, then your physician character would make a fine addition to the team. And actually, it would be better for us to have a player in the physician role so that I don't need to fill that role with an NPC, but I'd like to give Eabha that one additional week.

If you're anxious to get going, your anthropologist idea is also a good choice.

I'll immediately retitle this thread to close our recruitment. Welcome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Remove ads