• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Future] 22nd Century: Solar Odyssey to Hell. [FULL]

Turanil

First Post
Masada: thanks for the stat-block (no need to send it in email as I suggested in the Rogue Gallery thread).

TM-Supreme: Welcome aboard. The scientist Conrad Hart with thumbnail #5 is okay. Send me an email so I send you the small pic for upload on Enworld. I can suggest Knowledge (Technology, and Physical Sciences) as being most useful at some point. Knowledge (Earth & Life sciences) could also be useful, but probably much less.

Turanil

First Post
So, currently we have 5 players. The thumbnails #3b, 5, 6a, 8, and 13 are taken. So there is room for three other players.

Note that we have now 2 marines types. I don't say that we need more combatants; however other types of characters could be interested to go to fight with them at some points in the game (if only to investigate a place and see what's going on there). If it is the case, those who do are advised to take the Medium Armor Proficiency feat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT (5):

We currently virtually have a crew of 9 PCs. The crew is now complete. If some of the players finally don't join (Conrad Hart??), there will be one or two positions left.

The game itself will normally begin next week. If people post their character stat-block to late, they will board the starship later (depending on where the team decides to go first)

The crew is currently composed of:

Major John Tobermory. Captain of the spaceship.
Lieutnant(?) Jay Purr. Pilot.
Corporal Kecia Tavernier. Marine, Genemod Division.
Corporal Brendon Radley. Marine.
HAR-Vee. The ship's technician droid.
Caine Freerover. Chief Medical Officer and Robotics/Cybernetics Engineer.
Conrad Hart. Scientist(?). (have not heard of player in a while, still interested?)
Liam Forbes. Technician(?).
xxxxxxxx. SIA agent.

Tell me if you want to make changes to names and designations (for example: is "Major" the good military term for a starship captain?).

Thanks. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Hey,

I'm still in just had work get complicated on me and haven't had time to post my details. For immediate reference Maj. Tobermory is Charismatic 3/ Dedicated 2/ Field Officer 3.

The ship size is huge are the fighters and shuttle the same scale? I ask because I have two Starship pilot feats I need to assign. First is Huge obviously but the second will be for the shuttle unless it's the same scale as the fighters in which case it'll be all of them.

Jack aka Maj. John Tobermory

Turanil

First Post
Okay. We are not in a hurry.

The starfighter and shuttle are approximately the same size.

(The starship has 4 bay docks, they have been filled with 1 shuttle, 1 starfighter, and three space probes; the fourth is empty and could get some large stuff you would recover, if any)

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
I'm still interested, just putting my character together. :D

Had trouble accessing the boards recently with them going down.

Couple of questions: a) How do you want us to calculate wealth and AP? and b) what equipment is being provided? (so I can figure out what needs to be bought out of Brendan's own pocket)

Turanil

First Post
a) Wealth and AP as normal as per d20 Modern rules. AP are not cumulative from levels to levels, so you will have approximately 10-12.

b) The SIA provides the following stuff: starship and life support, on a personal level: vacuum suits, weapons, and armors, communicators (futuristic phone cell). You pay from your own pocket personal stuff like cybernetics. There is a guy onboard (Caine) who can arrange for cybernetics, but this must be paid the normal way before the game begins (we will see when the game has begun how it is resolved where material is got, and Caine is paid if he asks for).

HAR-Vee

First Post
I don't have the d20 Modern core rules available at work (where I'll likely do most of my posting). So I just assumed Harvee has Wealth +5 and single modified weapon. Along with very minor kit (back packs, etc.)

The weapon is a shoulder mounted (+1 attack) mastercraft (+1 attack) laser rifle with computer targeting (+2 attack). This gives Harvee a +11 ranged attack. But he doesn't have point blank shot or advanced firearms.

He has 10 Action Points.

Turanil

First Post
rangerjohn said:
I would like to apply to the position of pilot with Lt. Liam Forbes. Picture 9b.

Is it not pic 9a you want for pilot?, although I can send pic 9b, no problem :). Otherwise, I am okay with a pilot, but the captain already has pilot skills, and one of the players (whom I am in contact with through email, since he has difficulty registering an account) has asked to be the pilot. Add to this that even without a pilot, the starship could pilot itself with AI. Lastly, there may be not that much starfighter combats, to need still another pilot.

So, I would suggest to do a character who can do other things, not just being a pilot. Maybe being in expert in starships, someone who can work in space using a vaccum suit, salvage stuff, etc. I suggest not base everything on piloting with but feats about piloting.

To get the pic, just send me an email so I send the thumbnail back.

I'd be interested in joining if you'd still like another person... I was thinking of possibly taking picture #3a and the associated "investigator" role if that isn't taken already. Can the ship handle an SIA agent? ;)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads