• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Daemons

Grimmjow

First Post
One of my evil players made a deal with with a Daemon today and i know about the ritual that turns you into a demon from the book of the damned so my question is, if i buy the book on daemons is their a ritual in their that works the same? or should i just convert it over from the demon one?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
While I can't speak to any published materials, it seems to me if you have a ritual that does what you need...and all you have to do is add an "a" wherever it says "demon"...maybe also, in [A]D&D terms, change the "Chaotic Evil" [demon] to be "Neutral Evil" [daemons] instead...why would you buy a whole book just for that?

Go ahead and convert...if it can even be called that. Seems more like simple "refluffing" to me...and have fun with it. No expenses necessary. :)

Grimmjow

First Post
true but i i guess i didnt put this in their:would getting the daemon book help me in the long run in other ways also? does it provide enough information on the daemons themselves to make the book worth getting to make my daemons better. The demon one did but the daemon one is caled "four horsemen of the apoclypse". is it just about the horsemen or is it about all the daemons?? I dont care about it if its just about the 4 horsemen

81Dagon

Explorer
It's just like the other Books of the Damned. The title "Horsemen of the Apocalypse is referring the entire race of daemons, not just their four lords to the There's eight pages dedicated to the Horsemen out of about 65.

I don't think there is a ritual like the on in the Book of the Damned II for many of the reasons steeldragons describes... It barely even a refluffing and would be filler. That said, if you and your player are going to be dealing with daemons a lot, that book is worth it in spades. You can find the author, Todd Stewart, on Enworld as Shemeshka the Marauder. He's one of the best when it comes to the planes and is doubly so when it comes to Daemons and Yugoloths. There's lots of useful info on all types of deamons as well as their cults, which sounds like something that might be useful for you.

EDIT: Speak of the Daemon...

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
true but i i guess i didnt put this in their:would getting the daemon book help me in the long run in other ways also? does it provide enough information on the daemons themselves to make the book worth getting to make my daemons better. The demon one did but the daemon one is caled "four horsemen of the apoclypse". is it just about the horsemen or is it about all the daemons?? I dont care about it if its just about the 4 horsemen

It's about the daemons as a whole, their plane of Abaddon, their rulers the 4 Horsemen, their cults, new daemons, items linked to them, a daemon-linked PrC, etc.

I think getting the book will be worth getting to make your daemons better. But I'm biased here since I wrote the book in question. ;)

Shemeska

Adventurer
One of my evil players made a deal with with a Daemon today and i know about the ritual that turns you into a demon from the book of the damned so my question is, if i buy the book on daemons is their a ritual in their that works the same? or should i just convert it over from the demon one?

There isn't a similar ritual in BotD3. Daemons don't really want to corrupt and hurt so much as they want to literally extinguish all mortal life (ironic considering that they're inextricably linked to mortal life and epitomize specific ways mortals die), and as such, such a ritual wouldn't make as much sense for them as it does for demons.

Remove ads