• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daily Art Preview

Ashardalon

First Post
Bossemeyer said:
the feet, are those feet after all, they look more live hooves with toes.
The feet don't look too dissimilar from the ones seen on the ECS warforged picture.
[sblock=Image]
82093.jpg
[/sblock]
Bossemeyer said:
and finally the Terminator rip off eyes, Never have it been said that Warforged have "Red" eyes...
Maybe it hasn't been said, but neither has it been said that they can't have red eyes. Besides...
[sblock=Images]
82144.jpg
82166.jpg

82102.jpg
[/sblock]
Not to mention the warforged on the ECS cover and the warforged on the Sharn cover spread.

Personally, I'm fine with the warforged pic. It could be better, but it could also be much worse.

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Like it.

I think I should use Warforged as Cylons sometime.

:D

Same idea occured to me. A Points of Light campaigns - something along the lines of Cylon-occupied Caprica. May be there are even some manikins somewhere? Maybe Nerath was destroted by warfroged? Could be some interesting potential in it.

Klaus

First Post
The warforged picture is badly proportioned. The legs are far too short for the torso, and the knees are folding back way too much. The wood is rendered well enough, but the metal parts aren't as good, and the face is a bit off (one of the hardest things to get right is the warforged's faceplate... the brows, cheeck"bones" and jaw have a look to them that is hard to do right).

Voss

First Post
ainatan said:
To me it looks like the Terminator's skeleton. If you erase the wooden parts, it will look a lot.

Reminds me of the Space Gorilla army in Rackham's AT-43.
Monkeys do, man, monkeys do.

(And yes, I know. Apes. Monkies are just inherently more amusing).

withak

First Post
Ugh. Boring subject with bad art. I love warforged, but I've seen enough of them -- I don't need an art preview to have a good idea of what they'll look like in 4E.

C'mon, Wizards, finish off the week with something awesome! ;)

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Klaus said:
The warforged picture is badly proportioned. The legs are far too short for the torso, and the knees are folding back way too much. The wood is rendered well enough, but the metal parts aren't as good, and the face is a bit off (one of the hardest things to get right is the warforged's faceplate... the brows, cheeck"bones" and jaw have a look to them that is hard to do right).
I like the decor on the body armour - it's an interesting new take on the Prescott warforged. But the face... I dunno. From an Eberron point of view, it's ugly. But it has its charm - it's just no longer an Eberron warforged.

Cheers, LT.

Remove ads