• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General DALL·E 3 does amazing D&D art

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
100%. I know plenty of people using AI to writ policies and other things in industry right now. It's only going to get worse, and we all know big companies care about money above all else (outside a very tiny minority).
I haven't really checked lately, but I'm pretty sure AI will completely destroy copywriting as a viable profession, if it hasn't already.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don't think that will last. Once there is a "verifiably ethically trained" art generation platform, big companies will be happy to use it.

Amazon is by far the worst offender, especially for AI written material.
On the other hand, it also creates a market for companies to upcharge for free-range, artisianal organic Human art...and if you look at WotC wording for both their Magic and D&D no AI policies, they are laying the groundwork for that already.

Cheap small publishers might use this: the big dog can use Human art as a selling point.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
A few more of my attempts. I just put the style description I used, not the whole prompt. Each spoiler contains 2 or 3 images, full size if clicked.

1950s comic pulp style
_303c48ba-2dc5-4132-af36-5a877af108eb.jpg

OIG.L4kJ7fgxtW7lfeg7T.jpg

grainy blurry black and white security camera footage
_8d22d800-67b2-4aed-baad-2f077f03b922.jpg

_71cd1aec-62dc-4e3d-ab2f-a032b43d93b0.jpg
_1d452b3d-3d75-4600-8616-74a314be64bc.jpg

oil painting (no other modifiers)
_dce862db-29d0-422c-9762-958faac210b0.jpg

_74ab2db3-70af-4b24-83e5-07d0c40dd409.jpg

oil painting psychedelic colors soft focus
_035ad7f6-c5a8-4c27-a2a8-2ef8b389c988.jpg

_c334ed47-58fb-4fcf-a920-6d7d8b512f39.jpg

Retros_x

Adventurer
I am not a luddite, and I am not saying that we should ban the technology. But it will absolutely replace humans. But of course sooner or later this will apply to most people. Unless your job is one where face to face interaction with people is seen as highly valuable, you'll be replaced by an AI. Eventually we have to figure out what to do when humans are no longer needed.
Stop working and enjoying life. Utopian, I know, but whats the point when nobody has the money to buy the stuff that was created by AIs and robots? It will lead to a new industrial revolution, the nature of work will change once again, it has to.

In any case, about the tech itself, I think DALL-E 3 is very good. It of course has the same issue than all these AIs, that more stereotypical the stuff you want is better the results are. If you want something there is less training data for, the quality won't be as good, and often not quite what you wanted. But if you want hot skinny pale elven girls in European attire, the results are amazing!

One thing I feel this particular AI is rather bad at, is controlling the art style. Yes, you can specify watercolour or drawing or digital painting and it will deliver, but anything more specific than that is hard to control. What style will be chosen will mostly depend on the subject matter. This is annoying if you needed various subjects in consistent style.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads