Damage by HD in OSE/Od&d

I was also tinkering (i.e. using currently) in two games the idea of a shield being able to be "sundered", whereby it is destroyed, but ignores the damage done on that hit. So a shield bearer could use it for a big hit, or when they're down to a couple Hp, etc. The +2 would probably work since the shield provides a pretty big benefit (albeit one time, unless you bring multiple shields - but watch that weight!).
Works that way in Black Hack iirc & in the Talisman RPG

kenada

Legend
Supporter
Carcass Crawler #3 adds some new weapons and armor inspired by AD&D. It was released to backers of the new boxed sets a while back, but it’s not yet available generally. There are some new weapon qualities, but nothing is particularly different with how they do damage.

Cruentus

Adventurer
I have an eye out for when Carcass Crawler #3 is available. I have #1 and have adopted some of that material into my game (thieves skills to d6, some of the classes). I'd like to see the weapons and armor, and qualities from #3. I also have the Dolmenwood materials (Patreon), which codifies much of the Carcass Crawlers, and is chock full of great ideas.

Remove ads