Dammit! +ve covid test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercurius

Legend
I'm going to bow out from responding to various posts, as I don't think this is the place for such a conversation, and we all know how it will go (around and around).

Anyhow, best wishes to you, Morrus.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thanks folks. Day 5 of symptoms now. Still a heavy cold, but it's gotten a little worse each day - it's the easiest cold I've ever had!. No shortness of breath, fortunately, so the vaccinations are presumably helping. I barely slept last night.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
The science also said get your shot to prevent COVID. Yet, here we are.

And, we can also see the death rates among those who listened to the science, and those who did not.

Which then gives you the basic reason why my pushback on medical advice not based in science, is... vehement. :)

Edit to add: The science said that no vaccine is perfect. The science said that immunity waned over time, so that boosters were in order. Morrus hadn't gotten his yet. So... not a solid data point, but demonstrative.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
The science also said get your shot to prevent COVID. Yet, here we are.
Just because you saw rain in the desert, doesn't make it any less a desert.

At the end of the day, vaccination reduces your risk of getting covid. Is it 100%, absolutely not, no vaccine is. Further, we have found that COVID unfortunately can use vaccinated people as carriers, meaning that the total herd immunity we hoped to achieve is probably not possible.

That does not change the general recommendation. Ultimately the scientific community still agrees that the benefits of vaccinations outweigh the risks, especially the statistics on severe covid. Current stats show that vaccinated people have less symptoms and side effects to covid, and are much lesser likely to require hospitalization. The benefits are not as great as we had hoped, but even accounting for the new evidence pouring in the last 6 months or so....the general consensus on vaccination has not changed.

I am sorry to hear you got Covid! And that it borked your booster shot appointment. Here's hoping you recover quickly and easily.

Where I am, it's been difficult to get those scheduled - places are booked up weeks out. My wife got lucky and found a pop & pop pharmacy that had tons of spaces available, so we were able to get ours a few days ago.

Booster shots are going to be vitally important going into this winter.

Herschel

Adventurer
Take zinc supplements and about 4000 units of vitamin D each day. It won't make it vanish, but it will go a long way towards mitigating the effects. Dealt with this about a year ago- the Vit-D and Zinc helped me get through it with no major symptoms or issues. An osteopathic doctor recommended it, and it worked great. Hope you feel better soon. Better still, if you have a local doc that will prescribe you ivermectin, it'll be cured in a few days. Despite what the MSM has been saying, Ivermectin is not 'horse dewormer,' although that is a veterinary application of it. Ivermectin won the 2016 nobel prize as a life-saving anti-parasitic medicine for human beings.

COVID is NOT a damned parasite, it's also likely not available in non-veterinary form anyway. Quit spreading actually dangerous misinformation.

Herschel

Adventurer
I just want to say that while the mainstream medical establishment doesn't endorse ivermectin for covid, at least in the west, it isn't just some nebulous "the internet" that does - there are quite a lot of doctors and other health care practitioners that are recommending it and other approaches for treatment.

Throwing around terms like "medical misinformation" in this day and age is tricky, because it depends upon who you are talking to. In the end, it comes down to who you trust, and what makes sense to you.

And to clarify, I am not recommending for or against any particular avenue of treatment. But I do take issue with this sharp duality of "the mainstream is true, and everything else is misinformation." That is a very dangerous place to find ourselves.
Zelenko, Malone and "America's Frontline Doctors" have all been thoroughly debunked repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4