Dammit! +ve covid test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Take zinc supplements and about 4000 units of vitamin D each day. It won't make it vanish, but it will go a long way towards mitigating the effects. Dealt with this about a year ago- the Vit-D and Zinc helped me get through it with no major symptoms or issues. An osteopathic doctor recommended it, and it worked great. Hope you feel better soon. Better still, if you have a local doc that will prescribe you ivermectin, it'll be cured in a few days. Despite what the MSM has been saying, Ivermectin is not 'horse dewormer,' although that is a veterinary application of it. Ivermectin won the 2016 nobel prize as a life-saving anti-parasitic medicine for human beings.
To be clear, folks: medical misinformation is dangerous. Don't put me in danger. Or anybody else, but especially me! Leave the medical advice to medical professionals.

Riley

Legend
I really hope you’re kidding.

The fundamental application for ivermectin in humans and animals is the same: it’s an anti-parasitic. Viruses aren’t parasites. Ivermectin’s antiviral properties are so minimal that taking an effective dose of it to combat COVID would be toxic.

I am a physician. Danny is right; give Ivermectin to your dog for heartworm. Do not take it to ‘treat’ a virus.

Dioltach

Legend
Hope you get better!

I'm on holiday in the Caribbean. We spent the weeks leading up to our departure worrying about catching the virus and not being allowed to go, and about borders closing because of the omicron variant, and up until today worrying about positive results of our 3rd day antigen tests. But now it's all clear and we can enjoy a few weeks of sun and carefree living!

Riley

Legend
May you have a mild case and quick recovery, Morrus.

You may want to check in with your health care provider regarding evaluation and treatment. Some of the newer treatments may be available and of benefit to you. (As a retired physician from the US, I am not sure of either.)

I don't know if the UK has authorized booster shots yet, but here in the US it is recommended to get a booster if you were fully vaccinated at least 6 months ago. And for the folks that got the single-shot J&J, it is 2 months.

I wonder if you picked up the Omicron variant, as it seems to be the easiest to catch of all the variants, vaccinated or not.

As for the vitamin thing, a massive amount of the population is anywhere from mildly to severely vitamin D deficient, so a small supplement of that daily will help if someone needs it, and will do no harm if not.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't know if the UK has authorized booster shots yet, but here in the US it is recommended to get a booster if you were fully vaccinated at least 6 months ago. And for the folks that got the single-shot J&J, it is 2 months.
Bit late for a vaccination booster after you've got the illness! But yes, we have. My appt was next week. However you can't take one within 28 days of a positive test, so I'll have to wait until January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads