Dammit! +ve covid test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercurius

Legend
I'm going to bow out from responding to various posts, as I don't think this is the place for such a conversation, and we all know how it will go (around and around).

Anyhow, best wishes to you, Morrus.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thanks folks. Day 5 of symptoms now. Still a heavy cold, but it's gotten a little worse each day - it's the easiest cold I've ever had!. No shortness of breath, fortunately, so the vaccinations are presumably helping. I barely slept last night.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The science also said get your shot to prevent COVID. Yet, here we are.

And, we can also see the death rates among those who listened to the science, and those who did not.

Which then gives you the basic reason why my pushback on medical advice not based in science, is... vehement. :)

Edit to add: The science said that no vaccine is perfect. The science said that immunity waned over time, so that boosters were in order. Morrus hadn't gotten his yet. So... not a solid data point, but demonstrative.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
The science also said get your shot to prevent COVID. Yet, here we are.
Just because you saw rain in the desert, doesn't make it any less a desert.

At the end of the day, vaccination reduces your risk of getting covid. Is it 100%, absolutely not, no vaccine is. Further, we have found that COVID unfortunately can use vaccinated people as carriers, meaning that the total herd immunity we hoped to achieve is probably not possible.

That does not change the general recommendation. Ultimately the scientific community still agrees that the benefits of vaccinations outweigh the risks, especially the statistics on severe covid. Current stats show that vaccinated people have less symptoms and side effects to covid, and are much lesser likely to require hospitalization. The benefits are not as great as we had hoped, but even accounting for the new evidence pouring in the last 6 months or so....the general consensus on vaccination has not changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads