Dammit! +ve covid test

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just want to say that while the mainstream medical establishment doesn't endorse ivermectin for covid, at least in the west, it isn't just some nebulous "the internet" that does - there are quite a lot of doctors and other health care practitioners that are recommending it and other approaches for treatment.

Throwing around terms like "medical misinformation" in this day and age is tricky, because it depends upon who you are talking to. In the end, it comes down to who you trust, and what makes sense to you.

And to clarify, I am not recommending for or against any particular avenue of treatment. But I do take issue with this sharp duality of "the mainstream is true, and everything else is misinformation." That is a very dangerous place to find ourselves.
The easy way to distinguish the "two sides" to this coin: science.
Also: logic. You take a medicine to get rid of parasites to, well get rid of parasites. And not to fight a viral infection. :)

Edit: I'm late to the party, and other spoke up way moreeloquently than I managed. Feel free to to pay much mind to my small voice :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Also: logic. You take a medicine to get rid of parasites to, well get rid of parasites.

So, the first line, definitely. The second... not so much.

There's TONS of medicines that are used for things other than their original intent (called "off-label" use). Ivermectin just isn't one of them.

Herschel

Adventurer
Insulting other members
Like the other 98.5% of cases.

I'm glad we got proof of life today, but I wonder if it was just to show @Li Shenron that Morrus is not suffering like the rest of his "age group." Ouch...

Apparently you haven't figured out it's not a binary outcome, but then it seems you're rather incapable of rather basic math, knowledge and discernment.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
but then it seems you're rather incapable of rather basic math, knowledge and discernment.
Mod Note:
And you seem incapable of remembering the basic civility rules we operate under.

You are done in this thread.

pming

Legend
Medical misinformation
Hiya!
Also: logic. You take a medicine to get rid of parasites to, well get rid of parasites. And not to fight a viral infection. :)
You need to look into it more.

While it is currently in the general "not recommended", but it is firmly in the "sometimes it is recommended" side of the medical community, it's not like taking it (via a legitimate doctors prescription, obviously!) is going to make you any worse off when you already have C19. Hence why it is sometimes recommended... the old "well, this might help..." schtick many doctors default to anyway when they are out of all the "normal options". This isn't a bad thing most of the time...assuming you have a decent doctor.

Ivermectin gets rid of parasites, primarily, but it has a side effect of making it more difficult for some viruses (and some medical studies, what little there are on it, are finding COVID to be one of them) to "hijack the immune system". Something to do with...
" inhibiting the host importin alpha/beta-1 nuclear transport proteins, which are part of a key intracellular transport process that viruses hijack to enhance infection by suppressing the host’s antiviral response."
( Ivermectin | COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines )

Edit: I'm late to the party, and other spoke up way moreeloquently than I managed. Feel free to to pay much mind to my small voice :)

Then there's the dreaded chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine (?). ;) Again, "not recommended" by the majority, but it has been prescribed to some people by their doctors. I'd guess usually for people who don't want to or can't take any of the C19 shots.

I'm not a doctor, but I can attest that when I get a cold, I hit the Zinc, Vit D and Caffeine and I'm usually out of the worst of it in a few days in stead of a few weeks. Surf, turf, with lots of mushrooms and/or potatoes...oh, and Cola/Coffee baby! :) Figured this out decades ago when a bad cold/flu was going around town. Everyone in my family was getting it...I felt the early symptoms, and started eating steak and shrimp with a lot of Coke-a-Cola every day. I had the cold for 4 or 5 days; everyone else... 2 week minimum, my mom had it for almost a month! Yes, anecdotal, but I know I'm not the only one...so maybe there's something to it. Besides...great excuse to eat steak, lobster, shrimp, crab, mushrooms and potatoes for a week! :)

At any rate... Morrus had the shot, and STILL got sick. So, uh, maybe time to look at other potential helpers? I mean, there's a point when you have done everything possible using the "normally accepted methods" that you just have to step back and say... "Ok...what about the NOT normally accepted methods?". At least that's where I would be if I was in his position (which I'm not); I haven't gotten the shot...not because I'm anti-vaxx, but because I am anti-forceyoutodoitorelse! It's the Satanist in me I guess; anytime someone tries to coerce/force me to do something I get more and more adamant I get in resisting it. shrug Call it a "personal quirk". ;)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads