• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Chicago Ripper

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

Falkus, how many points of entry are there? Is there a chance Cade could access a map quickly enough?

The points of entry thing is the most important, that way Cade knows how to split things up and surprise the idjits. :D

Falkus

Explorer
OOC: There are several points of entry. The main front door, an emergency door at the back, and a side door at the left leading into the church offices. There are also windows all around the building.

As the agents watch, lightning starts dancing off the steeple of the church. According to the ritual text, environmental affects like this are common during the final ritual

Friadoc

Explorer
"Alright," says Cade as his eyes look over the building, noticing the lightning. "Diego and Nick, take emergency door. Larry and Quinn, go in through the back offices. Me and Meredith will hit the front door."

"If we time it right, with my calling out peoples' locations right before we hit, we should catch them at the best moment of surprise," states Cade. "Our primary goal is to get 'Z' outof harms way, our best intel says that they need her to do this, so with her gone, they're screwed."

"Once that's accomplished, we do our best to either take them, or take them down," says Cade. "Personally, I'd like to avoid a missile strike in the heart of Chicago."

"So, we ready?"

OOC

Basic plan, out think, out flank, out smart.

Oh, yeah - Wipe them out...All of them! *chuckles*

By the way, Cade is going in with the shotgun tactically slinged, which means he can get to it as soon as needed, but his sidearm, the 10mm, will be in his hand. It, too, has blessed and AP rounds stacked in it. :D

I figure regular sidearm for cultist, big BOOM for anything bigger.

Cade will do his best to give the crew the tactical layout right before they hit, using his PDAs motion sensor and such.

Last edited:

iwatt

First Post
"Anything you say, Boss." As Larry spots Cade adjusting his shotgun, he imitates him as well. His Desert Eagle is loaded with ergular ammon though. The big gun is for whatever he sees that might need some more persuading to go down. Hyped out for the action, Larry toggles the safety of his gun continually.

OOC: I'll throw in an AP on the Initiative. That coupled with my Improved Inititaive and my sixth Sense feat ought to let me go first :D

industrygothica

Adventurer
Friadoc said:
"So, we ready?"

Nick says nothing, only nods, not looking anyone directly in the eye. He figures Cade makes sense about saving the shotgun's special ammo for something that needs it, and so also carries his handgun with his shotgun slung over his shoulder.

Falkus

Explorer
As Larry started to pen the side door, he had a sudden flash of danger, in the very immediate and life threatening sense. As a result, he managed to duck to the side of the door, and take Quinn with him, just as a burst of automatic fire tore through the thin wood of the door.

Diego and Nick, Meredith and Cade, found themselves in the main area. It was your typical church, with a second story balcony running around the edge of the room. There were six cultists moving around the altar, chanting. A seventh was standing behind it, reading a scroll.

Z was present, she'd been bound and tied to the altar, and was lying on her back. Her customary clothes were missing, and she was dressed in a white shift. She seemed to be struggling quite a bit, and attempting to loosen her bonds, ignoring the various armed cultists around her.

Diego and Nick, from their position, were about forty feet from the altar. They could also see a cultist manning a M2HB .50 BMG Heavy Machine Gun that had been set up on of the front pews, and was pointed towards the front door that Meredith and Cade just entered. It looks like the team was expected.

Meredith and Cade were one hundred feet from the altar, and could see another figure in the room, standing halfway between them. Unlike the other cultists, this one was dressed in a black robe and was a woman. "So, the little girl with a holy sword finally makes an appearance," she announced, staring at Meredith. She was also holding a sword of a similar make to Merediths. Except that the blade of her sword, instead of glowing white, was jet black. "My name is Xeria, and when I have killed you, I will take that sword, corrupt it, and make a gift of it to Dak'lar."

[sblock]
Initiative
Xeria: 26
Larry: 22
Diego: 18
Quinn: 16
Cade: 12
Meredith: 8
Nick: 7
Cultist: 6
[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
Falkus said:
Meredith and Cade were one hundred feet from the altar, and could see another figure in the room, standing halfway between them. Unlike the other cultists, this one was dressed in a black robe and was a woman. "So, the little girl with a holy sword finally makes an appearance," she announced, staring at Meredith. She was also holding a sword of a similar make to Merediths. Except that the blade of her sword, instead of glowing white, was jet black. "My name is Xeria, and when I have killed you, I will take that sword, corrupt it, and make a gift of it to Dak'lar."

OOC

Oddly enough, as I read this, I'm watching Kill Bill Vol. 1, which is at the Showdown at the House of Blue Leaves.

*chuckles*

iwatt

First Post
Got to start bringing some grenades. Getting up, the thought comes back. That's right, we did bring some. Cool. Unclipping the grenade from his belt, he young con man throws it into the room. H wasn't sure it would actually hut nybody, but it probably would allow him to breach the room.

OOC: Hope the edit is kosher

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

Actually, we should each have a couple grenades from our hit on the murdergaunt, in fact you might want to look back and make sure, but I'm 99% positive that it was in our equipment package that the shotgun's came with. :D

Remove ads