• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Chicago Ripper

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith ducks down to try to get some cover from the rows of seats, and runs for the stairs on the right hand side of the sanctuary, where the machine gun can't (presumably) hit her.

Friadoc

Explorer
"I thought we killed that one," says Cade as he moves to the left, bringing his sidearm to bear on Xeria. "But, we've killed a lot of fallen, cult spawning frak-tards lately, so I could be mistaken."

Cade opens fire on Xeria, hoping a blessed round will suck the confidence out of her boast.

Falkus

Explorer
Xeria waited for the agents at the door to make a move, but shouted back at the cultists. "No matter what happens, keep chanting!"

Larry pulled the pin on the hand grenade and tossed it inside the room, and then held the door shut. There was a panicked shouting, followed shortly by an explosion, followed a second later by the rather distinctive sound of human shreds hitting a door.

"Grenades? They give you goddamn grenades?" Quinn stared at Larry disbelievingly after the blast.

Diego fired a shot into the back of the machine gunner. The ten gauge explosive shell entered his back, and detonated, tearing his spine and most of his internal organs to pieces. He collapsed downwards and sideways, his tightening fingers pulling on the machine gun, and firing a stream of ammo into the wall above the heads of Cade and Meredith, and carving a neat line across the wall as his falling body knocked the machine gun sideways.

Cade fired a shot at Xeria but missed wildly. She grinned evilly.

Meredith ducked down and went up the right side of the church, over the machine gun fire, but Xeria saw, and moved to intercept, meeting her in the middle. She had her blade drawn and starred at Meredith. "Let's see how well you handle that blade, little girl. I've been training all my life. According to the master, you've only been at it a month."

Nick fired a shot at the scroll reading cultist, hitting him in the shoulder. He winces in pain, but keeps reading.

Most of the cultists kept chanting, but two grabbed AK-47s and opened up on Nick and Diego. They peppered the walls with 7.62mm ammo, but were otherwise ineffectual.

[sblock]Larrry's grenade deals 21 points of damage to the cultist.
Diego hits the cultist for 22 points of damage
Nick hits the cultist for nine points of damage

New initiative order
Larry: 22
Diego: 18
Quinn: 16
Cade: 12
Meredith: 8
Xeria: 7
Nick: 7
Cultist: 6
[/sblock]

OOC: The murdergaunt you killed was just a standard, minion type fiend. Dak'lar's the guy who'll eat Chicago if the ritual is completed.

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

Cade was referring more to the Mummy we killed, but, alas, his smack talk does not restrict it's self to logic and factual accuracy. :D

Friadoc

Explorer
Falkus said:
Nick fired a shot at the scroll reading cultist, hitting him in the shoulder. He winces in pain, but keeps reading.

Using the confusion as a cover, Cade rushes down the left side of the pews as he drops his sidearm and brings the shotgun to bear on the back of the scroll reading cultist.

oO If they need to keep chanting Oo Cade thinks as he brings the shotgun to bear on the scroll reading cultist's back oO Then they're not done yet, are they? Oo

With that thought, Cade fires an explosive round at the scroll reader.

OOC

Okay, definately using an AP point on the 'to hit' roll. 7 APs left, now.

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith draws her sword and holds it at the ready before her, heart pounding. She'd gotten the murdergaunt...with help...but it had been surrounded, attacking everything around it. If she'd had to fight it alone...could she have done it?

Nothing for it now though. Whatever was inside her, feelings or memories or maybe just talent, whatver it was had to be enough.

She approaches Xeria carefully, making a quick thrust to test the other woman's defenses, while not compromising her own.

(Fighting Defensively! -4 to my attack, increases my Defense to 17 (including bonus from Defensive Martial Arts), I will use an AP on my attack roll though. 2 outta 6 left now.)

(...could someone post a link to the rogue's gallery? I'm not sure my local copy of my sheet is correct. Are we level 3?)

Last edited:

iwatt

First Post
Falkus said:
"Grenades? They give you goddamn grenades?" Quinn stared at Larry disbelievingly after the blast.

"Honey, you ain't seen nothing yet! Cover me."

With a crazy grin, hoping the grenade had done it's job, Larry opens the door and rushes in. "If you see any jackass in a turban chanting, put a bullet in his head." Spying the opposite door, he slams it open standing aside, giving Quinn an open shot at any targets on the other side.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Cover me," Nick says to Diego. He says a quick prayer and then races along the wall to the fallen machine gun, and attempts to lift it and aim it at the group of chanting cultists.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads