Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Delphi Paradox

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Son of a..." Nick recovers from his shock, and surprises even himself when he approaches even closer to the thing and buries the muzzle of his gun into its spine.

[sblock=ooc] ... or at least tries to. I believe I'll spend an insurance.. er, action point on that one as well. ;) [/sblock]

Last edited:

iwatt

First Post
"Keep an eye on the girl, Diego! I'm going to do something really stupid." The half crazy bull man made Larry fear for his friend's life. Shooting his gun on the run, he rushes forward to stand over Cade, protecting his companion from any additional attacks.

[sblock=OOC] Fire the Gun, Move forward sucking up the AoO, stand over Cade to shield him and so that Meredith can benefit from flanking. [/sblock]

Falkus

Explorer
Larry jumped over to Cade's body, firing his gun as he ran, but missing. The minotaur take advantage of the opening to to take a swipe at Larry, opening up a nasty wound on his side.

Meredith, however, took advantage of Larry's distraction, and swung with her sword. The blade smashed into the creatures chest, pulverizing its heart and several other internal organs. The minotaur collapsed onto ground with a loud crash, dead. A pool of blood started to spread out beneath the corpse.

Dorine, meanwhile, had apparently fainted. She may have been a hard nosed Illuminati type mercenary, but she didn't look to be so hot when dealing with the supernatural directly.

[sblock]Larry is hit and takes ten points of damage
Meredith hits and deals 10 points of damage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

Not to nit pick, *grins*, but I think you mean Larry takes 10 points, unless you really took the Cade is expendable to heart.

*laughs*

industrygothica

Adventurer
Ready to fire his gun, Nick is frozen for a moment as the minotaur falls to the ground. He recovers soon enough, though, and quickly holsters his weapon and prepares to get Cade out of the tunnel.

ooc: ...and hopefully succeeds at an untrained heal check or something.

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith rushes to Cade's side and drops the still glowing blade as she kneels and gently pushes his shirt out of the way to check the horrific wound underneath. Grimly, she fights back her gag reflex and opens the small first aid kit on her belt. He'd need a lot more help than that, but it would have to do for a start.

(taking 10 on Treat Injury to stabilize Cade for a result of 15)

(aren't we glad I bumped this skill up a bit? :))

iwatt

First Post
Tying up a bandage over his own wound, Larry shakes his head ruefully. To Meredith he says in a chuckling voice. "So it's true what they say. Chicks dig scars?" He is careful of saying it a safe distance away from the clearly lethal woman though. "I'll wake up sleeping beauty here, you and Diego ought to be able to carry Cade out. Who knows if another of these critters is out there."

Falkus

Explorer
Meredith, thanks to her medical training, was able to wrap up Cade's wounds, and stop the bleeding. He will still unconscious, but out of any immediate danger. Continued first aid could probably get him up and moving again.

Shayuri

First Post
Meri sits back for a second once Cade's stabilized and works the knots out of her hands and fingers. Sweat is trickling down her forehead, and she wipes the back of a hand across it to keep her eyes clear, and leaves a red swatch of blood over it without seeming to notice.

"He should be safe to move now. Once we're out, I...I think I can at least get him conscious again. He's pretty lucky. That thing could have cut him in half..."

She waves Diego over, and positions herself to lift Cade under his shoulders. "Take his shins, Diego."

Remove ads