Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Delphi Paradox

kinem

Adventurer
I made the wrong call on the ammo Diego thinks as he helps carry Cade. I have to learn more about this stuff.

He's glad to see the man up again. "Don't scare us like that again, Cade.

I don't get it. The monster killed the Russians, and he was still there, so who could have taken the loot? Unless he respawns or something ..."

Shayuri

First Post
"Maybe he just held the thing off while someone else made it out," Meri speculates.

"Or maybe someone else got it later on...sneaked in and out without alerting it."

Friadoc

Explorer
Cade chuckles at Diego, before he winces from the lancing pain it caused.

"Nice," says Cade with a shake of his head. "Now respawning would be nice, not only would I have my shirt and rifle back, but my health would be full."

"Anyhow," continues Cade, after a coughing fit. "My money is on the russians, I don't think anyone could have gotten the artifacts without attracting that beast."

Slowlt sitting up more, he adds, "So, with no one else to point at, I say we check in and then figure out our next step."

"Well, aside from stiches and a bitchin' scar," says Cade with a smirk. "Chicks dig scars, right?"

Falkus

Explorer
After signaling for assistance, a helicopter was dispatched from the Delphi office of the Hoffmann institute, carrying a team of field agents, commandos, combat archeologists and acolytes.

After a several minutes, the helicopter came into view, and landed down at the base camp. The Hoffmann Institute personnel swarmed out, and began securing the site, healing the injured and giving the team the breathing room necessary to plan their next move.

Friadoc

Explorer
As odd as it seems, while waiting, Cade will make sure to recover all of the pieces of his rifle that he can find. In fact, he's obsessive about it and although he doesn't exert himself too much, he doesn't stop until he's sure he's finished.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Nick gives the others a rundown of what was in the journal, and his thoughts on the Hammerfall base in Russia. "Anyone speak Russian? Might wanna learn..."

ooc: Sorry, I just assumed everyone else knew as well.

Shayuri

First Post
"Well wait a second," Meri interjects. "These things aren't just going to be lying around the markets of Moscow waiting to be picked up. They're probably in some top secret Indiana Jones crate in a giant warehouse full of state secrets. The Russians aren't just going to let us in to grab them."

Falkus

Explorer
Industry and Friadoc
[sblock]Cade and Nick, happen to know two important things about Russia that may be relevant to the search. First, there's exactly one Hoffmann Institute office in Russia, located in Moscow and opened up shortly after the end of the Cold War.

Secondly, the Department Seven director in that office is Colonel Vasilli Fedorov, is the former director of the KGB Paranormal Division, who was recruited into the Hoffmann Institute after the KGB Paranormal Division was dissolved along with the KGB in 1995.[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
"Actually," says Cade after a few moments of thought. "The Hoffmann Department Seven Director in Moscow is a former KGB Colonel who was a member of their Paranormal Division, so we might have a bit of an edge on this leg of the trip."

"I think we'll just need to make arrangements to meet at the Moscow office," suggests Cade, who looks and feels a lot better now that some acolytes have taken care of his sever injuries. "We just need to askhim the right questions, right Nick?"

OOC

So, does the healing leave a nasty scar, or does it remove all sign of the injury?

Remove ads