Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Delphi Paradox

Shayuri

First Post
(seems best...I think this scene petered out. :) Bring up the map half-dissolve with the big red line extending from Greece to Russia!)

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

Yeah, I'm all for skipping forward to Russia, with the caveat that Cade would make sure that Team Libra's gear and ammo had been replenished, including a replacement firearm (obviously not the exact same rifle, but a heavy weapon, just in case).

Something that he could use, the reasoning for this is simply because this mission seems to be potentially more lethal (gee, why would he think that) and he wants to keep him and the team safe.

A clip of blessed ammo and one of WP for the rifle would be desired, too. Who knows what lies on the other end of this whole thing. :D

Awesome fun, by the way. :cool:

Falkus

Explorer
OOC: The Greek agents present can replace your regular ammunition, the armory in Russia should be able to replace specialty ammo and weapons.

Handing the situation over to the Greek Hoffmann personnel, the team traveled back to their plane, reboarded it, and took off for Moscow.

On route, Stanfield filled you in on Fedorov over your phones.

"He's not the ideal Hoffmann Institute employee, but we never had much of a presence in Russia due to the Soviet Union blocking us. His personality is a little too much KGB, not enough Hoffmann, but Russia isn't a pretty situation, and we need a man there who both knows the territory and can deliver results. That's Fedorov."

"The man's a hardline communist, by the way, so don't bring up politics, especially Russian politics. He's also had a budget cut too, so he's not likely to be in a good mood."

The plane landed in Moscow early in the morning. Conditions were almost blizzard like, and the plane nearly had to abort. Thanks to Institute influence, getting your weapons through security was no problem.

A couple of taxis met you at the airport, and drove you through the cold, decrepit streets of the capitol of former superpower to the Moscow branch office of the Hoffmann Institute.

The building itself appeared to be a small, run down office building downtown. Graffiti and garbage covered it. The front reception area was no better, looking more like a trash dump. A derelict bum, was apparently sleeping in a cardboard box. Though, on second glance, his teeth were in remarkably good condition, and his eyes were carefully following you as walked towards the door into the main building area.

Once past that, however, things changed. The corridors of the building were slick, high tech metal, with security devices everywhere and plenty of incredibly busy employees moving around. A receptionist led you to the command post on the third floor, past labs and security centers and offices. The feel was distinctly military, as opposed to the more casual attitude in Chicago. Nearly everybody was wearing some sort of uniform and carrying a sidearm.

Fedorov himself stood in the center of a large, busy room, filled with your computer monitors and communications apparatus, and dozens of technicians talking to and guiding agents in the field. He was a large, burly man, with gray hair and a thick mustache. He turned to stare at you as your entered.

"You must be the Americans, here to ask about Hammerfall." he said, bitterly, in a thick Russian accent. "As if I didn't enough problems already."

Friadoc

Explorer
"That's correct, we're Team Libra," says Cade as he offers Federov a handshake. "I'm Cade Black."

Cade then introduces the rest of the team by pointing them out and speaking their names.

"This is Diego Borges, Larry Higgins, Dr. Nicholas Wells, and Meredith Rosenberg."

"We were just in Greece," says Cade. "Where we found the remains of the previous expedition."

"We're hoping that you could answer a few questions about Hammerfall," says Cade. "As well as some of the other events that happened previously in Greece."

iwatt

First Post
While Cade did the briefing, Larry took the time to look at the personnel in the base. He'd met some former KGB officers in Chicago, now applying hard won skills to the cutthroat business of crime. Not people to tangle with lightly, this Colonel seemed cut from a similar cloth. No nonsense, no sense of humor, he hoped Cade would keep the comedy act in check. This city gave him the willies, with it's drab concrete building's and gray skies.

Falkus

Explorer
Fedorov ignored Cade's outstretched hand, and stared him in the eye, and growled. "How old do you think I am? This project I was told about occurred in 1959, I wasn't involved in anything then, let alone high level KGB paranormal projects.

"I'll tell you this. Hammerfall Base doesn't exist in any official records. When I was in charge of the KGB Paranormal division, we did operate a number of bases that didn't exist officially, but even they had a mention in the official records, if only to mislead the CIA. The fact that it has been expunged from any official record leads me to believe that the base and any projects operating in it have been buried for some reason. I strongly advise that we leave them that way. In my experience, digging up the KGB's sordid past only leads to disaster."

"But since I've been ordered to assist you, and if you wish to persist with this fool's errand, I'll take you downstairs, to the unofficial records. If your Hammerfall Base can be found, it'll be somewhere in the old KGB Paranormal archives. Nothing was ever removed from those records, even the projects that we buried deep after they got out of control."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases