• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Delphi Paradox

Friadoc

Explorer
Looking around for a moment, Cade checks one of his packs and produces a roll of duct tape and, with a half grin, he says, "Patch time."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith nods at Cade, then as the guys patch their bullet holes she moves around the room to look at the other objects...the shield tucked under her right arm, with the ruby in that hand, and holding the urn firmly in her left hand.

Falkus

Explorer
Suits patched, and artifacts in hand, the team made its way back to the surface of the facility. Along the way, they observed that the various dead bodies were no longer in their original positions. Apparently, the Ephemeral had reanimated everyone on the base and was sending them downstairs.

As the team reached the surface, a helicopter passed over the base, shining a spotlight down on it. The team could make out Hoffmann Institute markings on the side, and then it flew on and landed in a clearing to the east.

Friadoc

Explorer
"Oh, now they fly in," says Cade with a sardonic chuckle. "Okay, team, it's a short hump away from our ride, first round is on me."

iwatt

First Post
"Eh Joker, not to sound paranoid and all, but how come they showed up just in time? Anybody can slap a sticker on a chopper after all. You want to let me and the Doc do the talking, while you and Mace cover us? I'd take Blade, but I'd rather keep her and the loot away until we know what's what." The Con-man seems hell bent on not been suckered this time. "After all, by now a lot of people might have figured out what we were after, and I'd hate to have done all the heavy lifting just to get suckered into giving it all up."

Friadoc

Explorer
"Good idea, Face," says Cade with a nod as he slows his steps a bit, just to play it safe. However, before Diego is out of earshot he says, "I'll let you borrow my MacGyver DVDs, let the Master teach you of Duct Tape." With a chuckle, Cade adds, "Hell, he only had a Swiss Army Knife, he'd have been omniscient with a pocket tool."

Falkus

Explorer
Larry and Nick made their way to the landed chopper, under the cover of the other team members. As they got closer, they noted that the writing on the side was in Japanese.

"Are you Team Libra?" a man shouted over the sound of the rotors, opening the side door of the helicopter. He was heavily dressed in cold weather clothing.

Shayuri

First Post
Meri watches from where she's crouching behind cover...irrationally afraid, and berating herself for it. They'd just faced down some weird ghostly thing that was animating dead bodies...and they'd had to work out on the fly how to contain it. Now she was worried about -the ride-?

It wasn't a sixth sense, or a hunch or anything else. It was just a vague uneasiness. Maybe she was just getting paranoid.

Last edited:

iwatt

First Post
The japanese markings on the chopper caused the con-man some trepidation, but his well trained face didn't show it. "How about you tell me who you are first? Not that I'm the suspicious type, but I don't remember calling for a pickup." While they spoke, Larry used his PDA to snap pictures of the chopper's markings as well as the face of the man talking, and sent them to Cade. It was a simple enough maneuver for a man who'd earned some extra money as an amateur magician, and hopefully Joker could make something out of them.

Remove ads