• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Delphi Paradox

industrygothica

Adventurer
Impulsively, Nick reaches out and clutches Meridith's hand, trapping the ruby between their palms. "It's all I've got," he says through clinched teeth. "I hope it's enough!"

Falkus

Explorer
As Nick clutched the ruby, he felt it start to pull at his mind, absorbing some of his power. It lasted an instant, but when it was over, all of the arcane power he'd stored that day was gone.

Industry:
[sblock]All of Nick's remaining spells have been expended.[/sblock]

The glow from the ruby was now blindingly bright. The Ephemeral flowed away from Meredith and the ruby, towards the door. It stopped before it reached the door, however, as if running into an invisible wall in the air.

Falkus

Explorer
Meredith pursued the fleeing cloud, and thrust the ruby into it. As before, there was a shrieking sound, and the Ephemeral was sucked down around the ruby. This time, however, it didn't just simply remain in orbit. The ruby sucked the creature in more and more, compressing it down further and further until, at the end, by the inexorable laws of physics, there was just a single, large piece of sand, that dropped into Meredith's hand. It was wide enough to fit down the neck of the bottle.

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith stares at the little pebble in a moment of shock...she'd expected it to actually somehow enter the ruby for some reason...then quickly scoops it up with the lip of the urn's neck and shakes the urn until she's sure it's all the way inside.

Then she looks around at the others.

"Is...are you all okay?" she asks in a shaken voice.

iwatt

First Post
"We got to start to get better briefing's, Joker. This guessing how to kill stuff during a fight stopped been fun after the third wacky freak-of-the week we ran into." The con-man checked his gun clip, and changed it for a fully loaded one. "What you say the doc makes sure we ain't leaving anything behind and then we get the hell out of dodge."

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith nods and takes a deep breath to steady herself.

"Yeah...I can't believe I managed to fight it off like that though. It was...intense."

She looks at the urn in her hand, then at the ruby.

"I guess they used this to suck the Delphi spirit out of the oracle when it was done...we can use it on the girl...yeah, lets go." Then, with a worried look, "But some of you have bullet holes in your suits. Can we get out safely?"

Remove ads