• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Delphi Paradox

Friadoc

Explorer
"Way to go, Professor!" Cade shouts, as he moves forward, around the flattened, gory mess of the zombies and he opens fire, point blank, on the remaining zombie as Meri rushed for the urn.

Falkus

Explorer
Meredith ran to the table and scooped up the urn with her other hand. The ruby started to glow more brightly as she held both objects.

The last zombie continued to fire at Diego, but missed.

Larry got to the table just after Meredith grabbed the urn.

[Put that down!] thundered a voice into everybody's heads, bypassing the ears and going directly into the brain as the Ephemeral flowed through the air towards Meredith.

Diego fired a true shot, hitting the zombie right in the chest.

Nick cast his spell on Meredith, strengthening her resolve, her quickness and her fortitude against danger.

[sblock]Cade hits, dealing 8points of damage
Diego hits, dealing 10 points of damage[/sblock]

iwatt

First Post
"This is a bad idea, Meri. With our record, it should work." The mad grin crosses the con-man's face, as it usually did when the adrenaline was pumping crazily through his veins.

[sblock] I'm guessing Meri wants to trap the creature in the vase the next time it attacks her. Larry will use an Aid Another action to help her out.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith looks around as the momentary instinct starts to fade. The urn was important, she felt that...but it was maddeningly vague.

"Anyone have any bright ideas now?" she asks.

Then, as the misty thing approaches her, she figures...why not start with the classics?

Meri aims the opening of the flask towards the oncoming possessive monster and raises the ruby up in her other hand.

"By the power of this stone, I command you to go into this urn and stay there forever!" she demands.

kinem

Adventurer
Damn that zombie's tough! I wonder if a sword could be the best way to deal with those after all!

Diego continues firing at the stubborn zombie.

Friadoc

Explorer
"Hey, Professor," shouts Cade over the roar of AK-47 fire. "Got any ideas for Smokey Pants here?!?"

Cade continues to shoot into the remaining zombie, while making sure that his background picture when he shoots is clear of any friendlies.

Falkus

Explorer
The effect as Meredith thrust the ruby towards and into the Ephemeral was dramatic. A harsh shriek sounded throughout the room. The Ephemeral collapsed down around the ruby, until there was just a whirling ring of gas rapidly revolving around the ruby as the shriek continued to echo throughout the room. Fortunately, the suits stopped the worst of it, otherwise it would have probably shattered the teams' eardrums.

Even as Meredith watched, the ring of gas started to lose cohesion. The creature had been temporarily trapped, but was working its way free.

The last remaining zombie collapsed as the Ephemeral was forced around the ruby.

OOC: Combat is temporarily over

kinem

Adventurer
Whew!

Diego goes around the table and kicks the gun away from the last zombie, then proceeds to blast the corpse apart. "No disrespect intended to the original owner of this body, but I don't want this tough guy getting back up. Now let's get the hell out of here!"

Shayuri

First Post
"Uh," Meredith says, eying the orbiting monster with trepidation. "Help?"

"Guys, it's trying to get free and I don't know how to stop it!"

She holds the urn towards Nick, but doesn't let it go.

"Are these marks on it words? Can you read them? Maybe there's instructions!"

Remove ads