• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark*Matter: Discovery, The Delphi Paradox

iwatt

First Post
"Nuke it? Seal it in the urn. Run reallly, really, fast? It didn't leave this room for a very long time, which means it isn't that mobile."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Nick tries to read the words on the urn shaking in Meridith's hand. He's careful not to touch it, not wanting to disturb whatever connection she may have to the thing.

Falkus

Explorer
Unfortunately, the writings on the vase are fairly generic prayers, and don't contain any information that would be useful here and now.

Nick does, however, sense something from the ruby itself as he gets close to it. A sort of an arcane hunger, as if it desired and/or needed power. The way it feels, it's as if almost as if the ruby is trying, but failing, to suck his spells right out of his mind.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Nick takes a surprised step back and points to the ruby. "That... get that thing away from me. It... feeding? Or trying to. Something's not right with it." He's obviously shaken, but trying to hold it together.

"There's nothing on the urn, just a bunch of prayers. But there's something to the rock. Maybe that's the power source?"

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith looks at Nick wildly.

"Maybe it NEEDS to feed! Maybe that's why it's not strong enough to hold this thing! Damnit..."

She kicks the sword away (having dropped it so she had a hand free to use the urn and ruby :)). "If it gets me, knock me out fast."

iwatt

First Post
Larry picks up Meri's blade. He had no idea how to use it, but he wanted to be ready to hand it to her again if required.

Friadoc

Explorer
oO Not what I had in mind when I said I'd hit that Oo

Pushing aside his thoughts, Cade says, "We got your back, Meri."

He'll then move closer to Meri's position, just in case, holding the rifle so as to be able to deliver a quick, hard stroke with the buttend of the stock, if needed.

Shayuri

First Post
(if I still have an action...not sure :))

Meredith looks at the urn...to see if there's maybe a fitting on it where the ruby could be set, or even if it will fit inside, perhaps!

Falkus

Explorer
There was no slot or indentation or anything that gave any indication that the ruby was to be placed. As the team tried to figure out what to do, the Ephemeral broke free from the ruby, flowing away from the gem and back into a cloud above Meredith, where, once again, it attempted to flow into her body and possess her. And once again, Meredith's own strong sense of self and genetic resistance to such things saved her.

The inner light on the ruby was dimer now than it was before it trapped the Ephemeral, as it were running low on power.

Remove ads