Dawn of the Warforged

Rubberneck

First Post
Rothitash listens intently as the machines ramble on.

"What's all this mean to us?"

Nodding to his companion.

"Were you, was your boss, anticipating us being here?"

doghead

thotd
Nameless, Warforged Psychic Warrior 5

"What's all this mean to us?"

"It means that someone knew what was going to happen to you."

Nodding to his companion.

"Were you, was your boss, anticipating us being here?"

"He said: 'There you will find khalashtar and warforged'. He did not provide any more detail, but you are the only kalashtar I have seen so far.

"I think we should start by investigating these ruins. There is something that connects them to the events."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Facet, female personality psiforged psionic artificer with packmate homunculus Trundle

"I would certainly like to know more about these ruins, but unless time has been particularly harsh, I have some concerns about any guardians left behind. Some of them disabled us in the first place, and we are not likely to survive a second attempt at destruction. I will fix my companions first, so that we are better able to deal with any further guardians, then I do wish to search these ruins. Perhaps Traxxas left some hint behind of why he left without retrieving us."

Facet is not confident in the latter. The swamp holds few clues for long, and Traxxas could have left them for many reasons: orders, fear, injury, even death. But repairing her comrades it something she can do easily and with confidence, and she has need of that right now.

Picking up her tools, Facet invokes the infusion of unseen crafter on her allies to aid her as she brings them back to full functionality.

[sblock=OOC]OOC: Facet has a +12 to fixing warforged, and the spell will operate at a +22 to fix warforged, and will work for 1 day/level.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muncher

"Alright, if there's something to bash in this old bog, I'll smash it." Muncher agrees. FFamiliar with Facet's repair procedures, he extends his arms and legs to leave room for work. "I'm ready, but no tickles!"

Shayuri

First Post
"I am covered in dirt," Alecto laments. It files in behind Muncher to patiently await its turn.

While it waits, the silver-hided warforged looks at the two 'kalashtar' humans. "When you arrived, did you find a warforged made of crystal by any chance? There was one before...I'd hoped to talk with it, if I did not have to kill it."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Facet, female personality psiforged psionic artificer with packmate homunuculs Trundle

Facet invokes an infusion on each of the damaged warforged, including herself, placing her hands on each chest and muttering a brief paean to Onatar, as her instructor always did. Whether or not an unseen deity could aid them, Facet felt it was necessary to bring all possible powers to aid her companions. A ghostly array of tools spins into existence around each 'forged and begins to diligently work to repair cracks and strains in their structure. "No tickles," she mutters to the ones hovering around Muncher. Tickles. What were tickles? She would have accused Muncher of making such things up if his responses weren't so consistent.

While the tools repair unaided, Facet takes out cleaning cloths and begins the process of burnishing and cleaning her fellows where they cannot reach, revealing the damage more easily for the infusion to repair.

doghead

thotd
Nameless, Warforged Psychic Warrior 5

While it waits, the silver-hided warforged looks at the two 'kalashtar' humans. "When you arrived, did you find a warforged made of crystal by any chance? There was one before...I'd hoped to talk with it, if I did not have to kill it."

Warforged listens with interest as he assists Facet with the repairs. A crystal warforged?

"What do you remember about the warforged of crystal? Was it here in this room?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Indeed yes!" Alecto agrees. It points to a crumbling, cracked wall. "It was right over there. It caught my eye, because it had weapons like mine. That shouldn't be possible, you know. I'm new."

It pauses, then corrects itself a little forlornly. "Was new."

Rubberneck

First Post
Rothitash is interested in the fact that the nameless warforged and his employer had anticipated their arrival, he communicates with his companion wordlessly once again,

"We should definitely travel with this group and find out why we're here. Of course that is up to you."

He ends with a slight nod of the head.

Remove ads