Dawn of the Warforged

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Glitch

While waiting for his turn to be completely repaired, Glitch decides to study his surroundings a bit more. Carefully walking up to the nearest wall, he eyes the patterns on it, trying to descipher the images, looking for a possible hint to the ruined temple's ancient purpose.

"What happened to these ruins?" he mutters. "And what was that crystal golem guarding?"

Shayuri

First Post
Alecto acknowledges Valharath's information with a nod, then says to Glitch, "I don't know. Something within? Maybe it was protecting the human who attacked and defeated us? I have never seen a warforged like it before though."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muncher

"I never actually got the chance to see that one. The flashy wizard took me and Zeta out with a blast of whatever, just after we felled his guards." Muncher comments while he was being repaired. He involuntarily flinched as a tool was working on his armpit.

EvilPlatypus

First Post
Most of the day is spent cleaning up and repairing. A few hours after the 'awakening' of the warforged, late afternoon, the Orc guide cautiously peers through the door, then grunts towards Nameless. "Rotten boat. Corpses. Two years." He looks around, cautiously, at the strangers, then grunts. "Bigger group. More pay".

doghead

thotd
Nameless, Warforged Psychic Warrior 5

Most of the day is spent cleaning up and repairing. A few hours after the 'awakening' of the warforged, late afternoon, the Orc guide cautiously peers through the door, then grunts towards Nameless. "Rotten boat. Corpses. Two years."

Warforged nods in acknowledgement.

"This is Grimjaw of House Tharrashk," he informs the others. "Our guide."

"Grimjaw, these are our passengers."

"I think we should have a look at the corpses," he says to the other warforged. "Perhaps you will find Traxxas."

He looks around, cautiously, at the strangers, then grunts. "Bigger group. More pay".

"The agreement was for two boats, and some return passengers. Do we need another boat?"

[sblock=OOC]I have no idea what the agreement was. Given Warforged didn't know the number of passengers, I doubt he gave a number. Will we need another boat?[/sblock]

Rubberneck

First Post
Rothitash spent most of the day exploring the inside of the cave. Although he has no idea what he would be looking at if he found something of interest. After a while he decides to get fresh air and heads outside. He won't travel out of range of his telepathic link, just look around the immediate area.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muncher

The adamantine warforged marches towards the orc. "Show me." he says, not demanding, but not courtly either. He was used to the fact that these creatures were also slaves when he was on duty.

EvilPlatypus

First Post
Ancient ruins, Somewhere in the swamps north of Zarash'ak, Shadow marches.

The building you're in is overgrown by bushes and gnarles trees, giving it the appearance of a cave. The inside has flooded several times and is covered in muck. Besides the two skeletons you've already seen there is little of intrinsic interest visible, but who knows what the muck hides. The architecture is unfamiliar to you (OOC : roll a knowledge skill if you think you have a relevant knowledge). The building is fairly small, composed of two rooms, the first one larger, empty, the second one smaller. It has a stone table/altar/pedestal in the center? It is plain, no obvious carvings or lettering. There are geometric, abstract decorations lining the walls, doorways and ceiling.

The building is one of thirteen, all spaced around a main square. where the khalashtar arrived. There the ruins of an arch still stand tall. All thirteen mounds or houses are open, all in virtually the same state, except that they don't contain any more disabled warforged.

A bit upstream Grimjaw shows you the remains of a rotten boat and a few skeletons nearby. The skeletons are scattered, the bones broken. There remain only a few rotten remains of clothing, nothing else. The remains are overgrown, and have not been disturbed as far as you can tell.

Throughout the evening Nameless and Facet continue to work on the warforged, and the discussion about organising the guard duty for the night can begin.

Shayuri

First Post
"It is a little strange there are so many skeletons, isn't it?" Alecto asks as they come to the old boat. "Surely they weren't simply waiting here for us to arrive until they died." It paused, then looked at Facet querrelously. "Were they?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muncher

"Many of the bones are broken, so I guess they were attacked by something." Muncher muses, he then tries to determine if there are some clues that could point at his theory, by looking at the bones and see if there were broken by weapons.

Remove ads