• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Graham hp 2/2

Radiant said:
"Hey smart one I'm the one who can soak up attacks, allread forgot about that."
She doesn't think it is the time to add that she has absolutly no idea how much damage she can actually take as she continues to search for a way to open the door.
"How the hell do you break an armored truck up?"
"Me, personally? I'd use a plasma cutter.." Kyle says as she continues to look around, suddenly realizing being a 'mock FBI' agent had it's drawbacks if someone else made the first move to help the others.

Radiant

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
"Me, personally? I'd use a plasma cutter.." Kyle says as she continues to look around, suddenly realizing being a 'mock FBI' agent had it's drawbacks if someone else made the first move to help the others.

With some effort Jen resists poking Kyle in the ribs, it would realy ruin the show for anyone seeing them. Plus she is still irritated by "her" new look.
"So what do we do? Knock?"
She stays behind Kyle in case someone opens the truck from the inside. Guards should feel more happy then seeing him first.

Kyle Graham HP 2/2

"Jenn, stand back." Kyle says as she looks around. "I'm not sure we're the only ones out her." she says as she walks up to the back of the van and hammers a fist on it. "Hello inside, this is Special Agent Valerie Dobson! Is anyone inside able to hear me?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lorenzo Reynolds HP 2/2

Lorenzo edged the truck closer to the action, going around several vehicles on the burm of the highway. He tried to keep Jennifer, corey, and whoever Kyle was in his sights.

Unicron818

First Post
Sammy Donaldson

As the shots fired Sammy's ears rang. The only thing he could hear for a few moments had been the quick tempo of his own heartbeat. He could'nt hear his breathing, he could not see anything, hear anything. With it being completely black and being deaf... the silence, the dark was deafning. Sammy's eyes were so wide trying to see something a figure, something from the truck, anything. The only good thing so far, was that the blood had stopped from his face. He had known this because it was no long running into his eyes. Sammy had felt something else too. His hands were free!

"Guys! If you can hear me....get the guard!!" He didn't know if anyone could hear him. For all he knew they were as deaf as him. He had tried to redirect his voice by yelling away from his direction. Sammy also had moved out of the same position he was sitting before the lights went out. He could remember were everyone else was and he had known they could do the same with him. He pulled and yanked at the velcro around his feet.

Synchronicity

First Post
Gabriel 'Gabe' Adams, HP 2/2

Eleyna said:
Her ears still ringing, she immediately reached around for Gabe. "Gabe? Are you okay? Sammy? Is everyone okay?"

Suddenly, Gabe stopped his frantic scrabbling. He didn't know how, but he could see the inside of the truck; the guards, the shapes of the other kids, all outlined as if in silhouette..* Furthermore, every sound in the truck was suddenly much louder! Gabe cried out for a moment before he instinctively muted the noises down to a manageable level. 'If my hearing's back up to that level, then that means..my powers are back! But how the heck am I doing this? I can see in the dark now?' Overwhelmed by this new development, Gabe clutched at his collar, trying to wrench it off while it was powerless..and suddenly, a dull humming noise arose from his hands, permeating the truck.** 'What the...?' In a hoarse voice, he cried out in response to Eleyna; "I'm OK! Move towards my voice!" The resonating hum continued to reverberate around the truck, a very faint glow of energy outlining Gabe's hands. He thought he felt the collar weaken..or was it just his imagination? Gabe was feeling so dizzy from the gunshot wound that he just wasn't sure anymore.

*(Since Gabe's powers are now back, his Blindsight feat starts working! :D )
** (Gabe semi-unconsciously activates the Disintegration power of his Sonic control, targeting the collar. I don't have my book atm, but I believe it loses 4 hardness a round until it's destroyed or Gabe stops trying to Disintegrate it.)

(OOC: Nuke, if there's any problems with this post, let me know and I'll edit it.) :)

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey Vinyard

Corey was shocked into inaction for a moment when he saw the person on the truck. He's moving really fast.. just like me. I hope he's here to help. Unsure of how to help, Corey snuck closer to the wreck and tried to spot the strange figure again.

Hide +11
Move Silently +10
Spot +5

Kyle Graham hp 2/2

Sighing in frustration from the lack of answers, she pulls out her kit and sets about setting up the 'lock picker' from the gear she got at the mall and her dad's modular electronics. "Keep an eye out Jenn, this doesn't smell right somehow." she says as she smoothly moves to set the 'picker in place and try opening the door.

OOC: Going to use the gadget power to 'pick the van's lock and relese the others like we had planned, still not sure that things are as kosher as they seem.

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

KaintheSeeker said:
Sighing in frustration from the lack of answers, she pulls out her kit and sets about setting up the 'lock picker' from the gear she got at the mall and her dad's modular electronics. "Keep an eye out Jenn, this doesn't smell right somehow." she says as she smoothly moves to set the 'picker in place and try opening the door.

OOC: Going to use the gadget power to 'pick the van's lock and relese the others like we had planned, still not sure that things are as kosher as they seem.

With a very self assured move Jenn turns to cover Kyle, looking totaly sure that nothing could harm her. She's not but style over substance...
"You don't really have a plasma cutter do you? Something is so wrong here. Correct me if I'm wrong but cars don't just fall sideways for no reason in my memory. Well unless I drive... ."

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

Originally posted by Gabe
..."I'm OK! Move towards my voice!"...

Eleyna moved slowly, arms moving away from the floor of the truck and trying instead to find Gabe. Eventually, after she found him, Eleyna crouched down beside him. "Oh, Gabe, thank god you're okay! I..."

Her hand had fallen on his shoulder, and she felt something wet. And sticky. "Gabe? Gabe, are... are you b-bleeding?" If her powers returned gradually, she never felt it. All she knew was that she had suddenly realized the emptiness was gone. She felt an intense pain in her stomach, and her head was throbbing again. It was the same pain she had been feeling for the last year, only now she knew that it was different. She could... redirect it somehow. Release it.

"Hold on, Gabe! Please, just..." Fear filled her. She was scared. For Gabe. For the others. For herself. She didn't think, not really. All she knew was that she had to get him out of there. Standing up, Eleyna groped for the nearest wall. Tears filled her eyes, but her vision was unaffected due to the darkness. Finding it quickly, she kept her left hand on the truck while her right was pulled back into a fist behind her. First, she focused. The pain inside her swelled, and everything moved in slow motion. Her fist rocketed forward. She clenched her teeth. Braced for the impact. Just like the street before. Hit it. Destroy it. Release!

Her fist slammed into the wall of the truck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads