DCC RPG

Sir Robilar

First Post
I only have 2 players, they each ran a whole sheet of 4 purple sorceror generated 0 levels. Many games later only 2 of those guys are alive and just made level 2. The game is so beautifully deadly, and its always the character you don't expect to live that survives. The character with the most XP, is the Wizard, Int 13 CON 18. Constitution is the most important stat for any class. I would love to see a few more spells out there, its the one thing that is a bit more difficult to convert, you have to make a whole chart of results. Pretty much everything else can be imported from the various 1st ed clones (Basic Fantasy etc)

For me also, spells are the one thing i wish I could have more. And a few more patrons, but with the patron book soon coming out that will be done. Also, I would find it great if gods were more detailed and there were rules that handle worshiping them in more detail. For example a custom Disapproval table for each god, as some results from the regular one don't make sense for certain gods - why should a cleric of the Hidden Lord go on a quest to heal the crippled? It's not a great problem as I can change the results during play, but it would be great to have more options.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Ah, now I get it. :)

Just read the module's pitch at DrivethruRPG. Sounds interesting, although it doesn't reveal much.

here are spoilers

[sblock] The PCs explore the insides of a giant marble statue. There are riddles and creatures inside to defeat. Ultimately when they clear everything inside the statue they sit in different seats in different parts of the statue and control it to fight a statue of a marble lion. It's all to entertain the gods. [/sblock]

scourger

Explorer
Well, what do you define as your 20 minutes of fun? What is the other 3 hours and 40 minutes?

We get together at 6:30. We get to the encounter area around 10, which is about the time I prefer to leave. We first roll dice at about 10:30. We finish near midnight. My 20 minutes of fun was packed into more than 4 hours and consisted of a few minutes of interacting, information gathering and fighting respectively.

I also think the game is a little schizophrenic. It seems like it is still deciding what it wants to be when it grows up. Some of that is its old school charm, but some is just annoying. For instance, the money standard is low, but the prices of some items are way too high. In fairness, much of that is informed by our group's dysfunctional play style.

Crothian

First Post
Next up I'm going to run the XRP adventure called Stonesky Delve. It is longer with more encounters. It is without a doubt the best cave exploration module I've seen but then again there are few cave exploration modules.

Crothian

First Post
I haven't seen any Goodman DCC modules either except the two free ones they released. I have modules out the wazoo for all kinds of games and since translating them is easy I see no real need to buy more.

Crothian

First Post
After two session s the PCs have yet to find treasure. They have advanced to first level so that has helped the survivability of the characters.

Chingerspy

First Post
Running my first game on Tuesday! I can't wait! I'm just going to use the funnel adventure in the back of the rule book. I've pre-generated lots of characters using the generator at http://purplesorcerer.com/ There are more than enough for 4 per player. I am looking to have 6-7 players there and none of them have played DCC yet so I'm aiming to make a good impression as I love the system.

Remove ads