• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deadlands d20 In-Character

GWolf

First Post
I'll give it a whack

I don't know much about Deadlands but it sounds fun, I have PCGen and can make a character, I'll think I'll play a Mad Sciencetist, if you could fill me in on the style/basics of the game sytem. :)

Karl Green

First Post
Well...

the mad scientist has a lot of stuff involved so it might be a little hard without the rules, but we can try. I will email you tomorrow with some of the basic info...

loxmyth

First Post
Re: kewl

Karl Green said:

loxmyth the Rowdy is yours for sure, but I might allow a second gunslinger if you really want it. Do you mind if I email you some basic character stuff??

[snip]

SO one note, is everyone ok with using Vitality/Wounds Points? If not I don't mind using Hit Points. Just wondering.

I can play the Rowdy if you'd like. Since I don't really have a full understanding (mechanics-wise) of what each class does, I really have no preference. Please email me the character stuff. And I'm fine with the use of Vitality/Wound points. Just as long as the badguys use them too ;)

~lox

Last edited:

The Crimster

First Post
Karl,

I have my character up in the Rogues Gallery. I posted a couple of questions there as well, let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks.

The Crimster

Karl Green

First Post
OK posted VP/WP over in Rogues...

I posted the VP/WP stuff over in the Rogues Gallery, but basically it is this - Your Vitality Points are generated just like Hit Points, so if you are a Rowdy with 1d10 + Constitution bonus in Hit Points a level you would get that many Vitality Points a level (max at 1st level). You Wound Points are equal to your Constitution score. These points never go up (unless your CON goes up or you take the Heroic Feat to increase them). Vitality points reflect lots of things like shock, toughness, stamina, and even a little bit of luck. Wound points are how much damage you can before you die, can hurt. Generally NPC classes do NOT get Vitality points, only WP. Most animals don't have VP either, but size can effect WP (bigger animals have more WP, smaller ones less, etc).

Also I put the short bows cost over there.

As for a Wolf, I don't mind BUT just remember he is going to hate it around other people AND most shettlers will shot him on sight.

I hope that loxmyth and GWolf got my emails last night, my Hotmail has been acting funny lately.

Also GreyOne, with the point buying system you would be one point over I am afraid. If you lowered your Charisma by one (to a 12) you would be right at 30 points.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
hmmm

seems that a couple people have no experience with VP/WP, maybe it would be for the best if we just stuck with Hit Points?? I don't want to be wishy washy about it but I don't want to make this to be a deal...

Thoughts?

GreyOne

Explorer
Oops.. Yah, I just noticed that Attribute overcost when I counted them up using that little chart you provided. Pretty good for not knowing what the heck it was though!

I'll lower my Cha later today (though it'll be pretty darn hard what with being a charming bastard and all).

Can you clue me in on the spell points?

Karl Green

First Post
Sure...

Shaman and Blessed get Spell Points = to their Wisdom SCORE! and then get additional Spell Points each level about 1st equal to their Wisdom BONUS.
Huckster use their Intelligence instead.
The Feat Extra Spell Points give you +5 Spell Points each time it is taken.

The Crimster

First Post
Re: hmmm

Karl Green said:
seems that a couple people have no experience with VP/WP, maybe it would be for the best if we just stuck with Hit Points?? I don't want to be wishy washy about it but I don't want to make this to be a deal...

Thoughts?

I like the idea. It will make us fear gunfights, which we should..! Will probably make it necessary to have a good healer in the group.

Oh wait, that's me. =)

My vote is to keep it.

Running Wolf

Remove ads