• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Death Dealer Adventure?

Daern

Explorer
I just bought the hardcopy, looks really cool. I've only read through the first defense of the keep sequence and it made me excited to run it. My concern is the darkness of the print. You might want to lighten it in further print runs...

Also, I don't seem to be able to find the PDF on RPGNOW. No Deathdealer anywhere. I'd really like to download that pdf...

Daern

Explorer
I got it! Thank you very much, having the PDF is a great help for this module, especially the low ink (white background) version which is much easier on the eyes. Although the book has great production values it is very dark.
Its a very evocative adventure, definitely of the type that relies more on mood and momentum than player agency. Very different from the DCCs, but I'd like to see more in this vein.

I particularly like the critical hit tables, which will certainly see use at my table.
I am also trying to figure out how to work the first "Siege At Cascada" scene into my War of the Burning Sky campaign, perhaps in #4.

Of course, I would fiddle with the monsters and some of the plot stuff (either streamlining it even more, or spreading it out) but overall a neat book and something really different for 4e!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads